Chapter 23

After meeting the witch, Aari and Lionel say goodbye to Robin because he has to go back home to save Marian before the third sunset. As for Aari, she knew now what to do next about her cursed. She need to go to the Draco Mountain and meet the dragons there and maybe return the
dragon’s heart back to them. Just like Ravenna say, this heart was not belonged to human. It’s belong to the dragon.

“We need to go to the Draco Mountain. I know what to do next but I’m not sure if it’s working
or not.” Said Aari.

“I can help you with that but about what Ravenna just said-”

“What Ravenna say about me, I don’t want to talk about it. Not now and it will never be. All I know is that, my plan is to return this dragon’s heart back to where it belonged. It belonged to the dragon, not human. Just like Ravenna said so.”

“Are you quite certain that return this heart to the dragon might break your cursed? What if you still be a dragon? What happen next then?”

“I don’t know yet but I have to try at least.”

And after that, both of them walking back to the North. She will return back to her home but quite certain that she won’t meet her parent yet. Not after what had happen the night before she lost in the sky. It’s been an hour for them.

After that, the sun is setting down and the moon came out to replace the dark sky along with the stars. Both of them didn’t talk much but they still on the same journey but then as usual, Aari turn back into a dragon.

“You say we can have a flight for a night and this is the best time to do it.” Said Lionel with a smile on his face. Without hesitate, Aari low down her wing and her body in front of him.

“Just a short fly. I don’t want people to notice a flying dragon.”

“Alright then.” Lionel had already feeling excited and can’t wait to feel how is it like to fly on the sky like a dragon. After Lionel had climb onto Aari’s back, she spread her both wings wide open and started to take off from land.

“Hold on tight!”

When she up on the sky, Lionel on the back was screaming like a maniac. He didn’t expect that she taking the fly so hard while Aari chuckled at his reaction.

“Are you crazy or what?” he screamed at her but then she fly straight on the sky with calm already. The sky is dark and so as the fluffy cloud. They can see a million and billion stars
sparkled like a firelight.

The wind is cold but they enjoy the feeling of the breeze and fresh air up on the sky. Lionel had stopped panic and then he looked at the sky. He was so mesmerized by the stars and he enjoy the gush of breeze wind on his face.

“This is amazing!” he screamed of excited and Aari was just chuckle a little. She never seeing him like this before but about what he said before, he’s right. She was supposed to enjoy this and she never feel so excited and free before. He was right. This is so amazing for her.

Through all the night, they flying without even single to land. They been enjoying flying while watching the stars blinking at them. They have so much fun together and laugh like the world just belong to them only.
But while they are still flying on the sky, suddenly without any warning, a silver spear cut through her arms and leg and she can feel the pain.

She roar in pain and Lionel see something down there. There’s a people throw a big and shiny silver spear at her with a big slingshot made of silver. Then another shot cut through her body but this time with a fire. Aari can’t handle the pain
instead she blew a fire at the slingshot to stop them from hurting her again. And then she breath another fire to the slingshot but accidently the building was on fire too.

People were running and
shouting and they getting ready to shot her again. This time, the silver spear cut through her chest. Almost hit through her pendant and it made her feel more pain and growl angrily.

“You have to fly away from here Aari!” Lionel screamed at her. She didn’t have to take his because she already fly away, far away immediately from the village. She fly high up on the sky and she feel the pain.

“I’m so sorry Aari. I really am sorry about what had happen to you.” He whispered at her but Aari didn’t hear to him because she is in pain.

When she realized that she had fly far away from the people who attack her, Aari started fly low, close to the land but she didn’t land properly instead she crashed on the land very hard and hit the tree and she stay unconscious for the rest of the night.