Chapter 29

“We have to get you out from the castle now.” He said and quickly grab her hand and ran away and out from the castle.

They ran and ran and into the forest. When they arrived at the forest, she had completely changed.

“I’m so sorry Aari. I’ve totally forgotten.” He felt so guilty and very ashamed.

“It’s okay Lionel. I’ve forgotten too. Maybe I was too comfortable in the castle. It’s been so long I never felt like home before.”

“You will be safe here in the forest. The people didn’t brave enough to get in here by the way.”

“Why not?” ask Aari, curious of why the people don’t go into the forest.

“Some say, there’s a devil or something living in there.” He said.

“Lionel, what are you doing here in the middle of the forest.” Both Aari and Lionel shocked of the voice coming out of nowhere.

It turns out that voice is belong to Clarence holding a lantern while walking to Lionel and he’s almost close to them. Aari try to hide in the shadow of darkness with using her wings to shield her from being seen by Clarence.

“Clarence, what are you doing here?” Ask Lionel with an angry tone to him.

“I should ask you the same question? You know that we are not allowed to be here.”

“If you know the rule then why are you here?”

“I saw you running away with Aari out from the castle like some monster chases you. And then when I followed you in the forest, I heard an odd noise and you were talking by yourself. Where is she? And who are you talking too?”

“Where is who?”

“Aari. Your scum friend. I know that she must be around here somewhere. Where is she now?”

Lionel seemed to be has no answer for that question. So she must do something to help him to escape from his brother’s question. In doing so, she shaking the trees and all the leaves fall down off from the branches and that make Clarence shaking nervously.

“What’s going on in here? You did this aren’t you?” Said Clarence started to feeling afraid.

“No I wasn’t. What do you think to say something like that?” Said Lionel knowing that his brother to feel scared and thanks to Aari. He managed to avoid from his brother’s question and Aari’s secret are also save.

“You always making fun of me.” He said in anger to his brother yet still feeling afraid now.

After Aari shakes the trees, she’s started to growl a little and that make Clarence running away immediately from the forest. Both Aari and Lionel started to laugh at his cowardly brother.

“Does he always being coward like that?” Said Aari while a puff of smoke coming out from her nostril.

“’’When he afraid something, he would be like that.”

“What a chicken. If he’s being continue coward like that, he only made himself look fool in front of everyone, especially in front of his people. He has no features to be a king and doesn’t deserve to be one. I think you should be the king for your people, not him.”

“Well my mother loves him more than me and she wants him to be the king for this kingdom but to be the king, you needed a queen. That’s why my mother enchanted my brother to be
handsome when he was a baby.”

“He is handsome but aren’t there many other princesses likes him. All he need to do is to choose one of them to be his queen.”

“You were right about that but my mother doesn’t want any ordinary princess. She wants the most beautiful princess and the richness from her kingdom. My mother wants Princess Aaricia to be his queen because he can take over the jewelry and diamonds in there. And I can’t let that happen because it’s all wrong to do like that.”

When Lionel said about his mother wants her to be marry with his brother so that they can take over her kingdom, she was surprised about this. She never imaged that her parent and his parent would arrange their marriage.

“Why didn’t you tell me about this?”

“I don’t want you to worried about it. Beside Floradale is your home and I bet you don’t want your princess to marry with my brother or else, your villagers would live in poor condition.”

“I think we better get going to Floradale first thing in the morning tomorrow. I better get to sleep now. Good night.”Without to waiting for him to say good night, Aari spread her wings in the air and started to fly far away from the castle and him.

Her heart being cold because of what Lionel had just said and this make her angry. she wanted to be alone for a moment and doesn’t want to release her anger in front of him instead she started to breath fire to the tree at the mountain, far away from the castle and the villagers view. She destroyed everything by breathing the fire, cut down the tree using her tail and growling loudly to release her anger.

The fire in her body had burn very hot like a larva in the volcano and even hotter like hell itself.
What did she do to deserve something like this? She hated her life and no one even love her anymore.

Love had no meaning in her heart anymore for a long time ago when after she’s been cursed. The diamond of her heart on her chest has burn brightly in velvet light. It shows that she’s been furious about her situation now and all she wanted to do is to release her all anger.