Chapter 28

At lunch hour, Aari wear a dress made from a fine silk and her favourite colour, violet. The colour was very matched with her eyes and her beautiful golden hair has been combed with flower.

She also wore a masked to cover her face and her scales on her skin. Its Lionel’s idea so that his family
wouldn’t noticed her scales but her eyes, she’s still can’t cover her dragon’s eyes.

Lionel on the other hands, he looks very stunning and his blue eyes follow her whatever she goes with deep passion in his eyes. His eyes were awed when he looked at her and that makes Aari feel awkward.

“I heard Lionel say that we have a guest.” Said the king. He looks tired but still came for the family dinner. Aari was sitting beside Lionel at the round and large table with a big shiny chandelier that hanging on the middle of the table.

“Father, this is Aari, she’s a friend of mine from Floradale. Aari, this is my father, King Howard.”

“It is very pleasure to meeting you, your Majesty.” Said Aari with more respect at him.

“Very pleasure too. I never knew Lionel had female friend nor even brought you here. He never had a female friends before.” When the king said that, Lionel’s turned red.

“Father, don’t make it such a big fuss about it.” Said Lionel while try to hold his embarrassment in front of his family while the king is chuckle a little.

“Why is she wear that?” said the queen when she saw her wear a mask.

“She had a cold mother.” Said Lionel quickly and at the same time Lionel and Aari were nervous too but when he said that, Aari pretend to cough a little. The queen didn’t say anything instead her face showed how disgusting she is to Aari and that make Aari feel more embarrassed.

While the family talking about politics, economic, the trips and much more. Aari just stay quite
but she only speaked when the king asked some question to her.

Sometimes, his family talking,
she saw his blue eyes were staring at her many times but when she looked at him, he quickly looked away. The dinner had done and she walk into her room. While she’s on the way to her room, she heard a voice. It’s Lionel was talking with his mother.

“I don’t care it anymore mother. You never love me and you never will be. I’m not like you at
all.”

“What do you know about love Lionel? I married your father just wanted to save the kingdom.”

“You married my father because you want power, to control the kingdom and to control my father to rule by your own way. I’m not like Clarence. You make him like you, you know.”

“I only want the best for my sons.”

“I don’t want that. I know what to do and I’m not a child anymore.”

“So you just bought a scum here. Is that how it is? She had influence in your mind, isn’t she? To disobey your own mother.”

“Aari has nothing to do with this.”
“Ouuhh…yes she is. It is very obvious thing. I don’t want you be near her or even speak to her anymore. Then the queen gone while Clarence still standing near them.

“Well brother. Mother is right about you. It is very obvious.”

“What so obvious?” Lionel feeling annoy of his brother.

“You like her. I saw it in your eyes. Well hear this brother, you should listen to your own mother. Mother’s always right.”

“That means, you spoiled child. Always sitting under your mother’s protection and still didn’t know how to decide things. You always refer to mother when to decide things. You are no better to be king.” Lionel say that and he walked away from his brother. His brother yell at him when
he walked back from him.

“I’m not a spoiled child. I will tell mother about this and you will regret it.” He yelled at his brother but Lionel already walk far away from him. After the conversation is done, she’s quickly walking and see Lionel right away.

“Lionel, I need to speak to you.”

“Aari!” He’s look startle when he saw her.

Aari look confused and wondered why he looks startled when he saw her. Then both of them look at the window, the sun is almost set to down and the night will come soon enough. She can feel that her hands began to change and for the first time in her life, she’s almost forgot the time already.