[ f ] Dog's Fault

I randomly got this idea from when I was staring at my neighbours backyard. Don't ask.

I jolted up, my alarm blaring in my ears. I vigorously tapped my phone's screen, finally having it stop beeping. Stretching my arms up, I make my way to the stairs to the kitchen. Adjusting my black tank top and my grey shorts along with my birds nest of h/c hair, I shuffle downstairs.

Meeting the bottom, I was greeted with a orange Pomeranian wagging their tail and their little pink tongue sticking out of their mouth. I stick my tongue out back at the little dog, clicking my fingers. "Come on, Orange. Let's get you outside to pee and run around." The fluff ball barked and followed my lead.

Thankfully it was warm outside so I opened the door, causing Orange to bolt out. Walking out and closing the door, I gaze around, looking for the dog. "Orange?" I call out quietly, not wanting to wake up the neighbours. A little bark erupted from the left. Perking my head and walking to that direction, I see Orange happily wagging their tail on the other side of my short fence.

Panic instantly replaces my s/c features. "Orange. Get back here." I angrily whisper, making hand motions to come to me. The dog stayed put, gazing at me with a taunting wag of the tail. I groan, looking around for something that would get Orange back to my side of the fence.

I didn't know the neighbours, so I didn't know how they'd react when they see someone else's dog in their backyard.

So I didn't want to take the chance.

"Orange. Orange." I say, waving my hand while quietly clapping. I was now leaning against the fence, impatiently waving my hands around like a lunatic to try and get my dog back. "Orange!" I yell a bit louder, now slowly giving up. "Never thought waking up to get a towel would be seeing a pretty girl yelling 'orange' to a dog."

My head snaps at the voice, seeing c/e/c eyes and disheveled c/h/c hair streaked with a c/s/c hand. A small blush takes its place on my cheeks. "Uh... hi..." I awkwardly say, scratching my heated cheek while glaring at the dog. "Sorry if I woke you." He shrugs, walking down the stairs that's outside leading to the backyard. Orange runs up to the boy, licking his bare feet.

"Orange, don't do that." I say, telling off the dog. The boy waves his hand at me, picking up the giddy pup. He walks my way, a smile on his lips. "Name's C/N." He states, still holding the dog as he scratches behind Orange's ear. I give a smile back,

"Y/N." He gazes up from Orange. "That's a very pretty name." I advert my eyes, "Thanks."

"Well, I suppose you want your dog back." C/N says, seeming reluctant to give Orange back. I give a soft laugh, "Orange is hard to let go of, I know." C/N laughs, nodding. "See you Orange." He coos at the dog, then passing it to me with a pout. Taking the dog, I look back at C/N, seeing him already staring at me with a daze.

"You can play with Orange any time you'd like, if you want." I say slowly, a red hue on my cheeks. C/N's face lights up, "Really?" I nod, smiling at his lightened face. "See you later today then? With the dog?" I shrug. "Why not?" We give each other one last smile before walking back into our homes.

Once I got in, I place Orange down and crouch to their level. "I hate you and love you at the same time." I playfully say, rubbing Orange's belly.

Later that day, C/N came over and stayed the night, playing with Orange the whole time.