[ f ] Skater Boy

Got the idea from secretly watching my neighbour skateboard on the lawn. They kept failing each time.

With music blasting in my ears and my head lowered, I was swallowed in my own world of thoughts and imagination. "Had to have high, high hopes for a living, shooting for the stars when I couldn't make a killing, didn't have a dime but I always had a vision, always had high, high hopes..." I mumble, creating a random story in my head.

I was about to mumble another set of lyrics but I suddenly fell to the ground, pain shooting up my left elbow. I groan, sitting up as I turn down my music and take my earphones out. I gaze in front of me, seeing a boy with c/h/c hair and a cringed expression. He opened his eyes, c/e/c eyes staring back at my e/c ones. He blushed, quickly getting to his feet and grabbing his skateboard before lending a hand to me.

I take his c/s/c hand as he hauled me up with ease. I brushed myself off, thankful nothing took such damage, except for my throbbing elbow. He must've noticed my ached expression and how I held my elbow. "Did you fall on your elbow?" He questioned, giving all his attention to my possibly bruised arm. I nod, "Yeah. But it's fine." I reply.

He shook his head, his eyes locking with mine. "It may be broken." I shake my head back, giving a small smile. "I'd be screaming in agony if it was broken." He shrugged, "Good point." It was an awkward silence with just the two of us idly standing, not giving eye contact as I gripped my elbow. "I'm C/N." He says, after a while.

He grinned at me, and because his smile was contagious, I grinned. "I'm Y/N." I say, getting a nod from him. I glance at the skateboard that he held. "Is that your skateboard? It's pretty cool." C/N gazes to where I was looking, seeing the worn out skateboard. "Yeah. You know how to skate?" I shake my head. "No, unless you count sitting on it and pushing yourself counts as skating."

C/N smiled, looking away with light pink tinted cheeks. "I guess it could be considered." I advert my eyes towards the horizon, feeling the suns raise on me. "I'd better get going, my mums gonna think I got kidnapped along the way." I joke, glancing at him, seeing him smiling.

"Can I walk with you?" C/N questions, giving me a hopeful glint in his eye. I shrug, "I don't mind." I started walking before he could reply, having him jog to catch up with me. "Come on, skater boy. If you want to catch up with me you gotta be faster than that." I could hear the smile in his voice, "Yeah, yeah."

We started running towards the shops while each other's laughter filled our ears.