Don't tell me

Remember, we start at a day after the battle of Hogwarts, the prologue is important so I suggest that if you didn't, you read it.

You skip out of your car, (yes you got a muggle's drivers license) and up to the Weasley's gate, positively glowing. Yes, many people had died, but not Fred, not your parents. You were so glad that you and Fred could be together and live without fear now. 

Thinking happy thoughts of your new life. You knocked on the door. Hermione opened the door, tear stains running down her cheeks. Harry appeared beside her, a single tear tracing its way down the right side of his face. Hermione looked as though she wanted to say something, but she just shook her head and stepped to the side of the door. 

"'Mione? What's going on?" You asked your face falling. Harry pursed his lips, wiping the tear from his face, he took a deep sniff. 

"I-it's...you'd better come see." Harry said his eyes getting bigger and tearing up. 

I walked with him and Hermione to the back where the rest of the family stood around something: Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Percy, Audrey, George, Ron, Ginny, Molly, and Arthur. Hermione sneaked up behind Ron and wrapped both her arms around his middle, burying her face in his arm and he wrapped an arm around her. It's about time. You half thought, but you were mainly looking for Fred. 

Where was he? You held on to the thought that maybe he was in the bathroom. Hoping against hope that...that...you walked up quietly behind George you tapped him on the shoulder. He seemed to be at the head of the thing they were all standing around. 

"What..." You questioned. George turned around, his face frozen in shock, tears rolling down his pink cheeks endlessly. He was a little taller than Fred with a little less freckles on his face. You were one of the only people who could tell the difference. Or at least you had been before George lost his ear. 

Once he saw your face he grabbed you in a hug, wrapping his arms around your neck and burying his face in the crevice between your shoulder and neck. You were too shocked to hug him back. He didn't pull away for a long time. When he did your shirt was wet where his face had been. He didn't take his left hand from your right shoulder though, he squeezed it and brought you up to the box with the others. And right there, decorated with daffodils and daisies. From your classes at Hogwarts of ancient symbols, you knew these symbolized innocence, purity, and rebirth. But what they surrounded frightened you. 

"AH!" You screamed as loud as you could, louder than you had during the short reign of Voldemort. "NO!" You yelled. There on top of the box, lay Fred. "Fred!" Tears stung your face as you called him. "Fred, Fred, Fred, Fred." You mumbled as you climbed the box to hug the dead boy to you. No one stopped you, although they did watch, all hugging each other. George climbed atop the box with you and pulled his arms around both you and Fred. You crushed the flowers that Molly had so nicely placed around him the last night. "No!" you screamed again. "Why?!" You choked on your gasping breaths. Unable to think, to believe. Why did it have to be Fred?