The Missing Ear

George's pov

"Don't think that Mate." I hear Fred's voice echo clearly in my head, as if he was right next to me. "What?" I whisper. "I SAID DON'T THINK THAT WAY!!" I hear Fred yelling in my missing ear. Okay, now I know I'm hallucinating. "Oi! Freddie! You talkin' to me?" I yell up at the sky, unsure why I automatically think he's up there. "Don't be so thick George, of course I'm talking to you. And I'm not in the sky you lunatic." I look around excitedly hoping to see him. "You can't see me, can you?" Fred asked, a tinge of apology in his voice. I shook my head hoping he could see it. "Ah, that's alright, just close your eyes, maybe you can picture me that way." He chuckled and I did as he said, seeing Fred immediately, just as I had the past few days every time I shut them. But this time, tears didn't sting and my head didn't pound just thinking of him.
"Thank you for taking the box by the way." Fred said.
"No problem, glad I could do ya one last favor Freddie."

I could almost see his smirk, "Yeah, I only wish I had known I was gonna croak, that way I would've arranged gifts for the whole family." He said and I felt him shaking his head.

"How are you talking to me?" I asked curiously. "You're ear, I can talk into your ear and you hear it. Don' worry mate, I'm not a ghost or anythin'." He answered and I laughed.
"So, do I get to choose when to talk to you, or..."

"Nope, only I have that power." I huffed, of course he did.

"Whatever." I heard him laugh in my head, and it was the best sound I'd ever heard.

"You can't tell anyone about this though. They'll either think you're crazy, be jealous, or something could happen to me, like I could get this ear taken." It was probably the most stupid set of words Fred had ever flung from his mouth, but I nodded. Somehow knowing he could see me. "Anyways, I gotta go, talk to you again sometime Georgie...oh and, thanks for taking care of y/n for me." I could feel him leaving before I answered. "Well, she's taking care of me too." I smiled, maybe this wouldn't be so bad.