On The Front Steps of Hogwarts Castle

The front of Hogwarts was still built. George ran up the stairs, "C'mon Y/n!" He called for you and you almost saw the manic glint back in his brown eyes. 

You followed him up the stairs and he took your hand. "Remember this?" He asked before getting on one knee. 

"Dearest Y/n L/n, I- wait what. Bloody hell. I forgot. George what was I gonna say." George looked around then shook his head, dusting off his jeans and getting up to take both your hands. "Well, I guess what I was leading up to was that I like you-a lot. Ugh, this is harder when you're actually right in front of me. But um, I've liked you since 3rd year, and I've been pretty stupid about it. But would you be my girlfriend Y/n?" He asked and of course you remembered. It was at the end of 5th year, when Fred had finally asked you out. 

"Sorry Fred...but...." You waited and George bit his lip to keep from laughing. "I can't say no to that! You're stuck with me now. Do you know how long I've waited for this?"

You jumped into George's arms laughing. 

He spun you around before setting you down and you felt an overwhelming sense of happiness and reminiscence. 

"Really though, as George. Y/n will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. 

"Of course Georgie. I never thought you'd ask." You said, breathing him in. 

"Oi! You love birds comin' down yet?" Lee yelled from the bottom of the stairs. 

You took George's hand and ran down the steps with him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of the day, Lee, George and you had ended up at Lee's house with Angelina Johnson.

"George...and Y/n. What a surprise." She said. Angelina had never really hated you, nor had you disliked her.

It was only her jealousy of your relationship with the boys kept you from becoming good friends.

"Hey Angelina. What're you doing here?" You asked.

"Lee and I, we've been helping with the renovation of the school." She said, touching Lee's arm lightly. Lee looked over at her, a small smile on his face.

"How about you?" She asked and you looked over at George.

"We came by to see how things were going." He told her, slipping an arm around your waist.

You leaned into him and to your surprise Angelina just smiled. 

"So it's you two now?" She asked.

You nodded and George answered, "Yup."  

"And you?" You asked her.

She wrapped both her arms around Lee's waist and he kissed her forehead. She smiled, "Yeah." 

"We should get back to mum." George told you. 

You nodded, "Bye Angelina, bye Lee!" You said, turning to go. 

"If you don't mind Y/n, I'd like a word." Angelina said. 

You stopped and nodded, releasing yourself from George's gentle hold. 

You followed Angelina into the guest room, which was beginning to just look a bit like her room. 

"Y/n I wanted to apologize." She began. "For all those times I was jealous of you, and tried to make you jealous. The truth is, you were just such a beautiful and fun person. The twins loved you, and I wanted that. But now that-that Fred's gone." She said slowing down cautiously. You nodded, forcing yourself not to cry. "It really showed me you weren't trying to make me jealous, and I was just being petty. I hope we can look past all that and be friends." She said smiling hopefully at you. 

You pulled her into a hug, "Of course we can Angelina. Honestly I did get jealous of you as well. Your spot on the quidditch team and obviously your connection with the boys as well. But I see you've found love in a different place." You said, wiggling your eyebrows jokingly. 

"You really are Fred's girl." She scoffed, hitting your arm gently. 

The two of you came out to George and Lee cracking up on the couch. "George?" You asked and he turned to you. 

"Oh, right, see you 'round Lee." George said. 

"Stop by again George. You two Y/n!"

"Bye Lee!" 

You walked outside with George before taking his arm and apparating back to the burrow. 

A/n, sorry if this was drab. It was more of a filler. I might skip some time by the next chapter, I haven't decided. Thanks to all of you who have read this book so far. I really appreciate your constant patronage. ~Stuck In A Book