Dear Molly

No one's pov

A long time ago, when Molly had first met Harry, she had told Ginny. "I wonder where the boys' parents are..." And a month later Ron had written to her about the boy being Harry Potter and Molly immediately felt guilty for wondering that. Guilty for forgetting about the dark age of he who must not be named. Simply because none of her loved ones had died, didn't mean that no one had. It really had been terrible and fearful, and she should remember that, every time that any one who seemed to not have a parent around came to her or asked her for help. And that day, she vowed to become Harry's second mother.

When Ron, Fred, and George had came to her a year after with Harry, she had felt relieved she would get a second chance, and when they had left for their 2nd year at Hogwarts, she visited Godric's hollow and Lily Potter's grave. She placed a letter on it, which said simply that Molly promised to watch over Harry for her, and that she hoped Lily would be okay with that. And that even though they had never really known each other at school, that Lily would see Molly and see a friend in her. Molly never went back, but if she would have, she would have seen that the letter had been taken. It was no longer there. Because Lily had read it. 

Molly's pov

I looked out the window to see a beautiful brown owl with white speckles. It had a small golden chain around it with the name 'Soren' engraved in it. And in it's beak it held a letter. A letter that should have been impossible. It was addressed to me in a foreign hand writing. Carefully I opened it with magic at a respectable distance. It was written on grey paper in neat hand writing. Nothing happened when the letter was opened, so Molly brought it down to her hand and read it. It wasn't long, but it was all she needed. 

Dear Molly, thank you for taking care of my son for all of these years. I will look after Fred for you. I hope you know that even if we weren't friends in life, we are friends now. Fred is here, I'm watching over him. ~Lily Potter.

And Molly burst into tears. She had a friend in heaven. A friend watching over her son. Thank you Lily she thought. Knowing somehow Lily would hear her. She was probably smiling down from wherever she was right now.