Lavender and Roses

George woke up, still holding you. You felt his change in breaths and you woke as well, opening your eyes and bumping your nose gently against George's. 

"Morning Love." He greeted you and you smiled. 

"Good morning." 

"I hope you're ready for a great day." He said. 

You were about to ask him what he was so excited about when you remembered your dream. You frowned and began to tear up. "I have to go to the hospital." You whispered.

"Sorry darling, I didn't quite catch that." 

"I have to go to the hospital today." You told him. 

He knit his eyebrows in confusion, "Why?" 

"My mum, I believe she's at St. Mungo's." 

George gave you a small smile as hope. "I'll come with you."

You smiled and rested your forehead on his, kissing his nose softly before heading downstairs for breakfast.

                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur, Molly, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, and Ron were already seated around the table. Hermione was the only one not eating. At the sound of yours and George's footsteps she turned in her chair. 

"There you are." She exclaimed and let out a breath she was holding. 

You nodded, releasing George's hand to sit down beside Ginny. George sat between you and Arthur. 

You ate in silence, that Ginny broke when she finished sipping her orange juice. "So, Y/n, George, where do you two plan on going today?" She asked. 

George answered for you, "St. Mungo's to visit Y/n's mum." 

You nodded when she turned to you. 

"What about the rest of you?" Molly asked. 

"I've got to go to Australia to find my parents. It might take a while, but it'll be an adventure." Hermione said. 

Ron groaned, "Ugh, another adventure?"

Hermione frowned, a disappointed expression painted all over her face. "I never asked you to come." 

Ron took her hand, "But I'm coming anyways."

Hermione smiled at him a little and he kissed her cheek. 

Harry and Ginny saved everyone from the awkward silence that might've come afterwards, "We're going with George and Y/n to check on all the patients."

Ginny nodded, "I heard that Neville's a little traumatized still and Luna's been in there with him and a guy named Rolf Scamander." She said. Hermione let out a sharp gasp.

"He's Newt Scamander's grandson!"

"Who now?" Ron asked suspiciously. 

"The author of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them' duh." Hermione answered. 

                                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the hospital, you were led to room 85 where your mother was. George had conjured up a lovely bouquet of lavender and roses. Your mother was asleep when you walked in. She had bruises and scratches all over her frail body.

George set the lavender and roses in a vase beside her table and stood beside you, waiting for your decision of what to do. 

A doctor rushed in and shooed you out, saying that your mother would be in a coma for a month, but that she should be better by the end of June. 

George wrapped an arm around your shoulder, "Are you alright hun?" He asked. 

You nodded silently. 

"C'mon, let's go get ice cream." He said. 

"What about Ginny and Harry?" You asked. 

"They're old enough to take care of themselves. And if they aren't, they have each other." 

You smiled a little and nodded again, walking out of the hospital to apparate to Diagon Alley, where you hoped Flourish and Blotts was reopening.