The Reason

You woke up in George's arms, he was awake but his eyes were closed. His breathing was quick and cold and you looked at the light streaming from the window. George tightened his grip around your waist and you turned to face him, touching your nose to his lightly. Your face felt a little sticky from tears. You and George just lie there until you became all too aware of your night breath. You groaned a little and George got the message, retreating his arms. You stretched and yawned. Glancing at the floor you noticed blue slippers with yellow 'F's on them. They were Fred's, you knew that immediately, remembering last year when they had received those rather than sweaters. You gave a little smile at the golden memory, hoping it would never leave. You'd called them Gred and Forge the whole day. They had rejoiced about not getting sweaters, even if they were still hand knit and embedded with Mrs. Weasley's thick perfume. George had gone to his bed and slipped on his slippers, seeing you just staring down at Fred's. "You can have them..." George told you, shaking you out of your memories. You inspected him with a crease in your brow, wanting him to say more. "He'd want you to." George smiled and bit his lip. You tried to smile back but nearly choked on the effort, a transparent tear falling down your stiff cheek. George's features mirrored yours, an identical drop descending down his face. You slid on Fred's mocassins and held out your hand, "Well, Forge, we going to go down together." You tried for another smile, tugging the corners of your mouth as far up as you could get them, which for the record was barely visible. George gave a fake smile back and laced his fingers in yours. And you headed down for breakfast. 

Ginny was shaking in Hermione's arms. Apparently worried for you. When she saw you come down with George she pushed Hermione away and ran at you. "Y/n!" She shrieked jumping on you and nearly knocking you down in a rough hug. Shocked, you didn't hug back. She released you, still firmly gripping your shoulders. "When I woke up I thought you might've..." Her eyes were red and puffy, she had no need to finish her thoughts. You knew what she was thinking. She thought you had killed yourself. You shook your head, "H-he wouldn't want me to do that..." Your voice breaking. George had let go of your hand and was going to the kitchen for coffee. You pursed your lips and Ginny pulled you in for a more gentle and sympathetic hug. 

Quick Ginny's pov.

I couldn't stand seeing y/n like this. It was as though she loved my brother more than me somehow. I knew she had a family who loved her, but we were her second family. Fred and George were her first friends at Hogwarts. Even I knew that. And she was there's. She used to sneak into Gryffindor common room to be with them on Christmas or other hollidays, sometimes just to hang out with them. (If you're a Gryffindor, just ignore this). I loved the way that she would scold Fred and George when they went too far with pranks, the way Fred's face would light up when he saw her laugh, smile, or even just run a hand through her hair. I was going to miss that. I knew that George's spirit was broken, but he would still try to spark some moments. No one would take that away from him. Same for Y/n's infectious smile. I could tell by the way they walked down the stairs this morning, that they wouldn't want to leave each other, as if they owed it to Fred to keep one another sane. They had loved Fred the most out of everyone. And this was the reason they loved each other.