Chapter 10

I drove around Liz's block three times before I just decided to park on the street right behind her house. We walked around the block and to the front of her house. The house itself was huge (not as big as my house, but still pretty big), but I had been there before for a birthday party so I just started walking.

However, I realized that Peter and Ned had frozen on the sidewalk. "You guys coming?" I asked.

They both nodded and caught up with me. "Do you have the suit on?" Ned asked.

Peter nodded and pulled up his sleeve, revealing his Spider-Man suit. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked.

"Yeah. He'll just swing in, say hi, give us fist bumps or high fives or something, and leave real quick," Ned said.

"Ok. I'm just a little worried. Won't they notice that Peter isn't there?"

"I doubt that. How about you go with him to change and just come back before he makes his entrance? Then people won't question it, seeing as you guys go everywhere together."

"Fine. But for the record, I still think this is a bad idea."

"Recorded."

We walked into the house, the amount of people immediately taking my breath away. Wait, never mind, that was just the stench of weed. Anyway, as the door closed behind us, Liz came up to us. "Hey guys! I'm so glad you could make it!" she said.

"We're glad you invited us!" I said, plastering a fake smile on my face. Liz was nice, sure, but that doesn't mean I wasn't jealous.

"Yeah, thanks for inviting us," Peter said.

"Of course! Anytime. Have fun!" she said, walking away.

Peter and Ned watched her walk away. "Ok you two, you look like stalkers," I said.

The song changed, and I realized that Flash was the DJ. He spotted Peter and Ned, but not me. "Hey, look who it is! Penis Parker and his trusty sidekick. Where's your buddy Spider-Man?" he said.

"Come on Flash, that is so petty," I said.

"Oh, Allie. Hey sweetheart. Come to see me?" Flash asked.

I grabbed Peter's hand and pulled him out of the house. We went over to the house behind Liz's (which was empty) and sat on the roof. I climbed up by myself, which totally freaked out Peter. "Are you going to explain this now?" Peter asked.

"What? Oh, yeah. So, those experiments I signed up for... I did them today after school. And they worked." I sat with my feet dangling off the roof.

"So, you're like me now?"

"Yeah, basically. I still can't see for shit though. Oh, and I need some web shooters. I'll probably make some down in the basement. Do you have the blueprints?"

"Here." He took a pair of web shooters out of his pocket and tossed them to me. I caught them with ease. "These are yours now. I have another pair at school."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now, I'm going to change into my suit and get in there. Say hi to you and Ned. Show Flash that he's an asshole. Impress Liz. Get out. Change back. Go have fun."

"Sure. But after you change back, I think I'm just going to leave. It's getting late, and I'm tired. Plus, I'm not big on parties. You know that."

"Allie, why do you really want to leave?"

"I just told you. Oh, and Flash is getting on my nerves."

"Allie, you would go on a date with Flash if it made me happy. You would even kiss him."