Chapter 6

"Allie, you missed your solo," the girl that sits next to me in band, Ashlynn, said.

I startled out of my daydream. "Oh, sorry. I'm just spacing today. A lot is happening in my life right now," I said.

"I would imagine. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"Thank you."

"So, what is it like living with Tony Stark? Is it amazing?"

"It is far from that. It's a pain in the ass, that's what it is."

The bell rang. I walked into the band locker room and put my flute and music in my locker. I had to come back for marching band practice anyway. "You ready to go, Allie?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, let's go," I said.

We walked out of the school and got on the subway. "You wanna come over to my house before practice?" I asked Peter.

"Sure. It's either that or listening to Aunt May's soap operas while struggling through chemistry homework," he said.

I nodded and got off the subway at the station closest to my house. I unlocked the door and let Peter inside. I came inside, not bothering to lock the door due to all the toys I could use in case anyone broke in.

I walked up to my floor and straight to my kitchen. "You want anything to snack on?" I asked Peter.

"Woah. You have your own kitchen?" he asked.

"Yeah. This whole floor is mine. Again, do you want anything to snack on?"

"Sure. I don't care what."

"You can find something. Anything in the cabinets or the fridge is fair game."

He dug through the cabinet and found a bag of chips. I grabbed a piece of cold pizza out of the fridge and went into my room, dumping my backpack next to my desk and sitting on my bed. Peter set his backpack next to the door and sat next to me on the bed. "You ok Allie?" he asked.

"Yeah, why?" I responded.

"You seem... really quiet. You're usually not this quiet."

I sighed. "I miss her. I miss her a lot."

"I know. I'm here for you."

He pulled me into a hug. "I know. Thank you so much for that."

"Anytime, Allibear."

I smiled. "Ok Spidey." All of a sudden, Peter pulled away from the hug. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I though I heard a noise."

"What kind of noise?"

"Almost like someone threw a water balloon at the house."

I looked at the window, and just as I did a water balloon went splat on my window. I raced down the stairs and out to the side of the house. When I got there, I saw Flash Thompson, aka someone who constantly bullied Peter, and some of his football buddies with a huge bucket of water balloons. "Flash, what the fuck are you doing at my house?!" I yelled.

"Oh, uh, Allie. Wait, you live here?" Flash asked. "I thought the famous Tony Stark lived here. Came to... welcome him to the neighborhood."

"Do the math, Flash. I know it will be hard with your tiny brain, so I'll wait."

"What, are you related to Tony Stark or something?" I raised my eyebrows. "Oh shit, you are. Run guys!"

Two of his buddies grabbed the bucket and they took off down the street. I rolled my eyes and headed back up to my room. "Who was that?" Peter asked.