eight ;; numbers

luke couldn't believe that michael had actually stuck to his word, and managed to find a bunch of people who liked luke, for luke to pick between.

he sighed when he found himself set in michael's bedroom on his bed, with the first boy, harry styles sat there with him as well. he had long hair, brown, and pretty eyes that glimmered innocently in the dim lighting of michael's room. he wore a plain white shirt and blue jeans that were a little baggy, and black vans, with van gogh socks on, which luke liked. he figured harry must know a little bit about art. he respected that quality in anyone.

"this is harry styles." michael smiled widely.

luke smiled awkwardly at harry. "i'm luke hemmings." luke said softly.

harry nodded, laughing deeply. "everyone knows who you are, peach. your artwork is amazing. it's hung almost everywhere in the school." harry smiled.

luke blushed and nodded. he knew that was supposed to be a compliment, but everything felt tense and awkward. he felt like he was on one of those shitty dating tv shows, and everything seemed fake. too good to be true. he wasn't even sure how michael had convinced people to come round his house, to wait in line outside his room, to come and meet luke hemmings to see if they'd be a suitable boyfriend for him.

it made him wonder what michael had told them to get them to come.

"i do photography." harry explained with a smile, pulling out a canon camera from somewhere behind his back. "maybe i could take a few pictures of you some day." he laughed.

luke just blushed and nodded lightly again. "i paint. and that's about it." he giggled softly, trying to act 'normal', but right now he felt about as alien as ever. "i can play guitar."

"really? fluently?"

"yeah. i learnt a little while ago. i did a few covers for a little bit." luke explained.

the two spoke for another five minutes, almost forgetting michael was there overlooking things and scribbling stuff down on a little notepad, before he interrupted the two. "wanna exchange numbers and then go, harry? i think the people waiting are getting impatient." michael asked, smiling widely.

luke looked across at michael, giving him a pointed look. it sounded rude, the way michael had said things. but harry scribbled down his number with michael's pen on a little scrap of paper that michael had handed him from his notebook, and smiled, taking his camera and leaving, as the next boy came in.

it went on for an hour, by which point luke was tired, and had five boy's numbers.

harry, zayn, niall, louis and liam.