Reunify

Warning: Implied/Refrenced child abuse and neglect to come. Very brief and not graphic.

With your hoodie flipped up over your head and kept your hands shoved deep into your pockets as you sprinted as fast as you could to the cafeteria. You hadn't bothered to check the time, but for some reason you were still panicking as you thought you were going to miss the storm trooper. You tried to appear calm, breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth so that no one would have suspected you did anything wrong, but you found it to be very difficult. The only thing you could see in your mind was Hux's missing hand, the fact that you were now considered to be a murderer, and thoughts of flying from the base tonight and not being able to contact Kylo. What would you do? Stay with the storm troopers and let them keep you safe? Or take your chances of finding a way to contact the Order on your own? All these thoughts terrified you to the point where you almost took a wrong turn down a hallway headed away from the Cafeteria. You closed your eyes as you took a deep breath, you had to concentrate. This was it, the wellbeing of your children depended on you reaching the cafeteria before the storm trooper could leave. You had to concentrate.

You had rushed all the way and just managed to catch a storm trooper just as he was leaving, bumping into him head on. You did nothing but stare at him, you had never gotten his serial number so you weren't sure this was him. You wanted to take him by the shoulders and shake him, to tell him that you had killed the General and you didn't know what to do next, but you absolutely could not blow your cover now.

"Is it done?" He asked, and you let out a satisfying sigh of relief before nodding your head rapidly. "Yes, I did it." You stuttered, taking your clean hand out of your hoodie pocket and placing it on the handle of the blaster. "T-Take the blaster. Take it!" You shrieked almost ready to remove the blaster and shove it into his hands. You couldn't stand the feeling of it pressing against your backside, a constant reminder of the horrifying conversation and murder that you had committed against the General and it was making you feel ill.

"No, no. Keep it." He said, reaching out and gently shoving you away from him. "Keep it until we get inside of the TIE Fighter." You nodded your head, and soon it all became real. He asked you to follow close behind him, to act natural and to keep close. He was going to take you to your children, you had finally won the battle against time and the awful man called Hux.

You followed closely behind him, trying to quiet your mind but found it was nearly impossible. Griffin, Kaia, Kaiser, and Kylo. They were the only people on your mind. Sure you were happy and excited to be reunited with your kids, it had been so long and you had gone through so much turmoil without them, but Kylo was an issue. You wanted so badly to be able to bring him with you because you knew he was suffering just as much as you were, but you couldn't take the risk of botching the rescue mission. You could see the outcome perfectly in your mind: Telling Kylo that the storm trooper helping you was also one of the men who was working with Hux to keep your kids away from you and he turns on them, murdering them and then you'd never see your kids again. You balled your fists in your jacket pocket, you had to keep it together. Surely contacting the Order after you and the children were reunited would not be as hard as it sounded.

The two of you scurried all the way to the in-base hangar which was empty at this time of night. It all came down to this, just you, the storm trooper, and the sounds of your speedy footsteps on the aluminum floor. This was it, when you would leave Star Killer without Kylo's knowledge and hopefully return home with your arms full of happy children. You held your breath, imagining Kylo coming around the corner and screaming at you to halt. He would have caught you fleeing the base with an unknown man, he'd probably kill both of you on the spot, no questions asked. It was a horrifying thought, but it quickly disappeared when you rounded a corner into a bay full of three TIE Fighters. The hatch opened and he let you climb in first, taking the seat behind him before he boarded in front of you. The two of you said nothing as you buckled up as fast as you could, then he began the long process of pressing buttons, pulling levers, and bringing the TIE Fighter to life right in front of you. You watched as it shook, as it moved forward out of the bay and into the aisle, flying out toward the large hangar door as it opened for you. Before you knew it the storm trooper was accelerating out of the base and into the sky, away from your home and your husband for who knew how long.