Alternate Ending| Ch 16: Not as it would Seem

It had been exactly 52 days since his wife had flown away from him that fateful evening. Factor in the month and a half his kids had been missing and Kylo would have been alone for almost 100 days. Here he sat atop his throne on the Supremacy, his old home on Star Killer Base now destroyed in his rage he had Snoke's old home cleared and moved himself in. Five bedrooms, two stories and more room than he would ever need. Each of his children could have one room while he and his wife could have one and they'd have an extra room. For a playroom? A Gym? Or a bedroom for a 4th child? He didn't know, and he wouldn't know because he saw no way in getting his family back. The TIE Fighter she flew away in had been erased from the First Order's records and the storm trooper she fled with had apparently never even been admitted into the Order. It was a fluke, someone who was clearly a professional at their trade had convinced his wife to run away and Kylo was certain she would never be found.

His house was big and empty, he put off moving the furniture in for as long as he could, but eventually the movers had brought all of his family's possessions in against his will as he needed his old home cleared for the edition of the new General. Three small beds were placed in three small rooms while his old bed was placed in the biggest room, boxes of toys were deposited in each of the kid's rooms and Kylo felt like he could not have been any more miserable. He would stand in his daughter's room, looking at the empty bed and the small bunny plushie sitting on top of it he felt like such a failure. He stalked in and took the bunny in his hands, having found comfort in it several times now he didn't hesitate to lift the purple bunny to his face, using it to dry his tears he was shedding for his family.

Becoming the Supreme Leader was a difficult transition. His problems now expanded past just the Order and into the entire galaxy. People coming to him in regards to if certain planets should be destroyed or taken over completely, what steps should be made in capturing notorious criminals next. He made the decisions cold-heartedly, often putting people to death and choosing to completely overrun planets in the hopes of finding his lost family. He never destroyed them, however, because there was always the slight chance that his family was living on that planet. He had exhausted all search efforts and could no longer pay to have every inch of every planet searched, so the most he could do was sit on his throne and wait for someone to come forward. Whether it be his own wife or the people she was with or someone who had seen them; he knew someone had to know something, he just had to be patient and wait for those people to come forward.

So there he was, sitting on the throne just staring at the door as he normally did. He was reliving the memories of his happy family: Dinners spent smiling and laughing at each other, bed times spent washing, clothing, and taking care of happy children, evenings spent helping curious and inquisitive children with their homework. It was something Kylo could only dream of before he had come to meet his wife, a happy family with unconditional love.

Just as he was imagining what it was like to tuck his sons into bed at night the door to his throne room swung open, one of his newly appointed officers strut in with the utmost look of urgency on his face. "Supreme Leader." He said, hurrying up to his throne and stopping sharply in front of him. Kylo picked his head up and stared at him, thinking this was just another decision he had to make on collecting resources on a high risk planet. He said nothing, instead motioning with his hand for the man to continue his speech.

"The TIE Fighter we've been looking for, it's been spotted." Kylo's head snapped toward him, his heart coming to a standstill in his chest. "What?" He asked, thinking he had not heard him correctly. "A mechanic just called in the lead, it's being serviced on a planet called Udrypso, it's resistance allied and tucked in the furthest corner of the Galaxy." Kylo stood to his feet, there had never been a lead called in as authentic as this one. There had been other replies to his pleading, but only in response to the 25 thousand credit reward. People claiming they had seen his kids skipping happily into a school on some generic planet, claims of seeing his family at homeless shelters all across the galaxy. But this one was so specific, a specific planet named and a specific garage named. It sounded so promising, and when the officer lifted his datapad to Kylo's face and played a reel of surveillance footage Kylo couldn't tear his eyes away.