Chapter 1 - Rejection

Dream:

"No mother please don't hurt me." I cried as I slowly moved into the corner of my room, trying so hard to shield myself away from her. And as she drew closer to me, out of the corner of my eye, I could see that she had something in her hands. No doubt something to hurt me with.

"You are a disgrace to this family! You should've even been born, you were an accident, that I wish it never ever happened!" She screamed at me coming closer.

"Mommy please I di-." I tried begging.

"Don't you mommy me!" She yelled, immediately cutting me off. "You've always been dead to me! You've never even existed in my eyes!" In that split second before she lifted her belt to hit me, I closed my eyes as tightly as I possibility could. I hated seeing how happy she looked as she would repeatedly beat me with the belt.

The beating was brutal, as per usual. Sure, she took small breaks to regain her strength, but no sooner than twenty seconds was she up and at it again. My screams were muted by the biting of my bottom lip. I didn't even know how hard I was doing it, till I tasted a familiar metallic taste in my mouth. Blood. It had to be. My lip was surely numb now by how hard I was biting; I knew she'd beat me harder if I cried out loud.

She never did fully stop till my father, who was downstairs, called us down for dinner. "This isn't over." She muttered, as she threw the belt down at me one more time. When she'd fixed herself back into a presentable image, she took her leave from my room. Slamming the door behind her.

Once I could feel that she was out, I cried. I cried for what felt like hours, till I could cry no more tears. My father repeatedly called my name, but I ignored him. I couldn't face him in my condition right now. I wasn't the presentable daughter. If I did mother came down like this, my mother would surely beat me again. My father was really the only one who actully cared for me. But I knew I could never tell him...

End of dream.

Jem's Pov:

As my dream got to it's worst part, I was forcefully awoken by my brother as he threw my small and fragile form straight off my bed and into what felt like a brick wall. Breaking what felt like my whole lower back. Though I was still pretty drowsy, I remembered to keep my head down. My brother hated when I made direct eye contact with him. He made it very clear that I was the bane of his existence. The wolfsbane of everyone's existence in the pack.

"Hurry up and get dressed, we're gonna be late for school!" He yelled at me, before making quick strides out of my room, and then slamming my door shut. Fearing that he would return soon, I immediately got up and followed his orders.

As I walked over and into my bathroom, before I got to cleaning myself up, I took a good look at myself in my mirror. I personally thought I was beautiful, but everyone else in the pack just saw me as a fat ugly slut, with fake hair and contacts. I was as real as it came. Though my hair was an unnatural color along with my eyes, I knew I was born that way.

When I was finished getting dressed, I looked back at I saw myself in the mirror one more time, to make absolutely sure that I was presentable. I had on a simple pair of dark blue jeans, with a green top and black shoes. Usually I didn't wear something like this, but today just happened to be an out of the ordinary day. It was my birthday. I was finally nineteen.

Because I'd reached the age of my first shift today, I no doubt would, so I grabbed an extra bag of cloths just incase. With that done I made my way outside my room, through the pack house, and finally outside. Once there, I caught sight of my brother right beside to our next Alpha, Nick, going into his car. Of course they would never let me ride in it, my brother always taunted, when he caught me looking at them. So I had to walk a good five miles to school, without any stops. If I did i'd no doubt me be late for school again.