Chapter 14- Dinner

2 weeks later

Saturday

So it's been two weeks since Luke called me about Chad, and everything's fine now. I talked to Cameron about our short conversation on the phone and I told him what Luke said that bothered me. He comforted me and gave me some pretty good advice. Cam and Chad had a 'civil conversation' about what happened at our shoot. I don't exactly know what they talked about, but it's none of my business and I honestly don't care. That's between those two. What matters now is that everything's pretty much back to normal. We still aren't friends, but I can say Chad's name without cringing now. I'm still not completely over it but in the two short weeks we've been together, I've realized that Cameron makes me a happier, nicer, and better person, so I'm not as sad.

And right now, Chelsea is helping me get ready for dinner at some fancy restaurant I don't know the name of. Cameron decided he wanted to meet my mom, and my mom wants me to meet her boyfriend. I don't really want to go to this dinner. I have a feeling things aren't going to go well. My mother already said she doesn't approve of me having a new boyfriend because she likes Chad better. But she doesn't even know Cam yet, so how can she possibly know who she likes better?

"Chelsea, I'm nervous!"

"Don't be", she says putting the last loose curl in my hair. "Your mom says she doesn't like Cameron, but she doesn't know him yet. She's going to love him. He's so similar to how your dad was."

I sigh and try my hardest to smile. "You're right." I'm not even nervous about meeting my mom's boyfriend. I just really want her to like Cameron. Cam's family likes me and I don't want him to feel like my mom doesn't like him. He's such a sweet guy and he doesn't deserve the rude remarks that might come from my mother.

After putting some holding spray in my hair, Chelsea leaves me to get dressed. She's already finished my make-up and nails, so all that's left is clothes and accessories. I put on one of my favorite black dresses. Next, I step into my red Dolce & Gabbana patent leather pumps to match the red polish on each of my ring finger nails. And to complete my outfit, I spray on some of Chelsea's Nirvana White perfume by Elizabeth and James.

"Chels, what do you think?" I ask stepping out of the bathroom to see her on my bed eating Oreos.

"Eh", she shrugs jokingly.

I giggle. "Thanks for being my hair and make-up artist."

"My pleasure", she smiles.

"Okay, I'm headed out. You're staying here right?" I ask, sliding in some shiny black stud earrings to match my nails and dress.

"Yes."

"Alright I'll see you when I get back, and maybe the four of us can hang out?" I suggest. Lately Chels, Luke, Cam and I have been hanging out together. Luke and Cameron put the whole 'Chad thing' aside and have actually become very good friends. And I'm happy about that because we all have a great time together. Cam fits in the group perfectly and Luke enjoys having another guy friend.

"Sounds good", she says giving me a thumbs up.

"Okay, bye", I smile and check my appearance in the mirror one last time.

"Later, gorgeous. Have fun!"

I let out a very unladylike snort. "Okay, sure", I say sarcastically.

She laughs. "That was a sexy sound you just made."

Grabbing my black and gold clutch, I leave my best friend and nervously make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom is. She looks gorgeous. She's wearing a navy blue dress that's perfectly fitted on her and stops at her knees. A brown belt is wrapped around her waist and gold earrings hang from her ears. Her long hair falls down her back in natural brown waves and she's wearing minimal make-up.