Chapter 30- Down For Whatever

Hey guys!!

New cover, I hope you all like it! I also made a new cover for Halos & Duets so you should go check that out and read it if you haven't already. This is a long chapter and it took a while to write so I hope you guys like it.

Love you all!

~Morgan xx

...

"Tina!" Chelsea shrieks, running to me and attacking me as soon as I step foot out of the car.

Cam shuts his door quickly and gives Luke a hug, telling him that he missed him.

After Chelsea and I break our hug, I run and tackle Luke, Chelsea doing the same to Cam.

"We've missed you guys so much," I tell them.

"We missed you too," Chels responds.

"So what do we have planned for today?" Cam asks.

"Well, I was thinking we could go inside and watch a few episodes of Friends," Chelsea answers, looking at all of us for approval.

We all nod our heads in agreement, knowing that a "few episodes" most likely means we'll be here for the whole day. I follow my three best friends to the door, stopping before entering the house. I look down the street at the medium sized dwelling I once called my home. Parked in the driveway, instead of the silver Kia I'm so used to seeing, are two shiny, black SUV's. I have a pretty good guess on who one of them belongs to. My brain can only wonder one thing as it processes the information that's newly perceived: does she miss me? Even a little?

"Don't be so stupid. Of course she doesn't miss you," my sub-conscience adds. "You were away for a month and she didn't even call you. She had no idea where you were and she didn't bother to find out and make sure you were okay. She doesn't miss you, stupid."

I shake the negative thoughts out of my head. I'll see her later, so I'll just deal with everything then.

"Come on," he smiles and takes my hand, leading me into the house where the aroma of Luke's microwavable mac & cheese fills my nostrils. I keep a smile plastered on my face for now, avoiding the anticipation of having to go to my mom's house later.

...

"Alright, bye you guys," Cameron smiles and waves one last time to Chels and Luke.

"Bye. See you tomorrow," Chels says before closing the door to their house.

We hop in the car and Cam starts the engine up. "Do you still want to go?" He asks, referring to my mom's house.

"Yes please," I nod.

"You okay?" His eyebrows lift with concern as he slowly backs out of the driveway.

"Yeah I'm fine," I nod, giving him a small smile to let him know I'm okay, but he doesn't seem convinced.

"No you're not," he shakes his head, stopping the car on the side of my mom's house and turning off the engine. "But you're my tough little warrior who never admits when she's scared." I giggle at his name for me as he takes my hand in his and places his warm lips on my gentle skin. "I'll be right next to you the whole time holding your hand. You don't have to worry at all, and I swear if she lays one-"

I stop his lips from moving with mine. "Thank you," I say after breaking the kiss. I hop out of the car with him following suit. He takes hold of my hand and walks with me to the door, putting his fist up to it and knocking.

The door swiftly flies open and we're greeted by a middle-aged woman who looks just like my mother, but isn't her at all. My eyes widen in shock, but poor Cameron has to cover his before directing his attention to the top of the door frame. The woman holds a tall bottle of liquor in her right hand, a cigarette between her fingers while her left hand is on the door trying to keep her balance in such a drunken and high-heeled state. She's barely clothed in trashy looking undergarments, leaving her body way too exposed.