Chapter 33- See You Later Alligator

Cameron's POV

"Cameron!" An ear-piercing shriek fills the room.

"What? What is it?" I shout, quickly running to the bathroom to find out what the problem is. I run through the door to find a scared looking Tina standing on a scale with tears streaming down her face. "Baby, what's wrong?" I ask her, taking her off the scale.

"I gained five pounds!" She cries, holding five fingers out for me to see and I have to suppress a laugh.

"So?" I ask, trying to sound as nice as possible.

"Vanity Teen is going to fire me, Cameron. I'm going to lose my job," she exclaims.

"For gaining five pounds? They're not going to fire you," I chuckle.

She slaps my arm as hard as she can, making me laugh harder. "Why are you laughing? This isn't funny."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not," she whines. "I go to the gym every other day and I don't eat anything that's bad for me unless it's my cheat day. Why is this happening to me?"

My lips slide between my teeth to prevent another laugh from escaping my mouth. "Babe, have you checked your app lately?" I ask her.

She has this app on her phone that tells her when she's about to start... you know. That thing that happens every month. This sort of thing happens a couple days before it starts. She starts crying and overreacting about things. Then in a few days, her mood starts to switch from grumpy to extremely happy and giggly. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It amuses me each time.

"What app?" Her head leans to the side in confusion.

"Don't make me say it," I sigh and one of her eyebrows raise. "You know, the white one with the pink flower," I describe it in hopes she'll know what I'm talking about.

"Oh," she straightens up, as if a light bulb goes off in her brain. "My period tracker!" She exclaims.

"That."

She grabs her phone off the counter and types her code into the app. "My period starts in two days," she informs me. "Duh, that's why I gained five pounds in such a short amount of time," she giggles. "Thanks, Cam."

"No problem, baby. Come get dressed, I put an outfit on your bed." I take her hand and lead her back into the room.

"Aww, you're so sweet," she smiles, kissing my cheek. She undresses and puts on her clothes, adding some jewelry and changing her phone case. "This is so cute!" She exclaims.

I chuckle and hand her her glasses, earning a weird look from her. "Wear your glasses, please? Just for today," I bargain.

"Fine," she sighs, going to the bathroom and coming back with her glasses on and her hair in a ponytail on top of her head.

She looks amazing. I know she doesn't like wearing her glasses because she thinks she looks bad in them, but she doesn't. She looks just as beautiful with her glasses as she does with contacts. I also love how that skirt fits her.

"You look beautiful," I tell her. I try to remind her how beautiful she is everyday. It's important that she knows. I hate it when people try to lower her self confidence. Why do people do that? It's so unnecessary.

"Thank you," she grins. "And you look very handsome. I love your blazer, where'd you get it?"

"Banana Republic, I think."