Day 3- Chocolate Beats Oceans

I hope you all are liking the story so far!

---------------------------------------------------

I shoved my books into my locker and pulled out my small purse. Looking inside, I grabbed my compact mirror to check my lipgloss. "Still good." I shut my locker and immediately jumped when I saw the tall figure to my right.

"What the hell, Chad?! You scared the crap out of me!"

He just stood there leaning against the locker next to mine and chuckling, obviously amused.

"Is there something you need?" I asked.

"Well hello to you too", he smirked.

"Seriously, Chad. What do you want?"

"I just want to talk, that's all."

"Now?" I asked.

"Yes, now."

"Well can you make it quick? I need to find Chelsea and Luke so we can go get lunch."

"Why do you need to find them? They're most likely in the cafeteria, right?"

"No, they're not. We're going off campus to eat", I said.

"Oh. Where?" he asked nosily.

"Applebee's, if you must know. Now what do you need to talk to me about?"

"Look, I just want to say that I'm sorry for the other night."

I had really wanted more of an apology, but I also really wanted to get to Applebee's as quickly as possible.

I sighed, just accepting what I got. "Well, I'm sorry too. I should've been paying attention to the game."

I tried to turn away but before I could, he asked, "Why weren't you?"

"I was tired", I lied.

I turned my back to him and started walking. I felt a hand grab my arm and spin me around. He backed me up against the lockers and towered over me.

"So we're good, right?" he asked leaning in for a kiss. I quickly put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"If by good, you mean do I accept your apology and forgive you? Then yes."

"That's not what I mean."

"Then what do you mean? Because if by good, you mean anything more than friendship, then no, we're not good."

"I said I was sorry", he complained.

"And I said I forgive you", I said gently pushing him away from me.

"What more do I have to do?"

"Well you haven't done anything but give me a weak apology. But you don't have to do anything."

"Well then what can I do?"

"Nothing", I stated.

"There has to be something", he argued.

"There isn't. I forgive you for what you did and I hope you forgive me, but I don't want us to be together anymore."

"Is this about what I did that night at the party?" He didn't give me time to tell him I didn't know what he was talking about before he said, "Baby, she didn't mean anything to me. What happened between me and her was just a one night thing. I swear you mean way more to me than some-".

"You cheated on me?" I asked cutting him off.

He just stood there with a confused look on his face as I crossed my arms over my chest, trying hard to hold back the tears.