Chapter 28- Home

Next Friday

I sit in the back of my science classroom next to Chelsea, waiting for the very last bell of the school year to ring. We sit silently staring at the clock out of pure boredom. It's been an hour since I finished my final and there's still one person who isn't finished yet, so we have to sit here in complete silence until he finishes.

I'm so glad I'm done. A huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders because I am officially done for this school year. In six minutes, I'll be a senior.

Just as I start packing up my stuff, the boy stands up and turns in his test, making everyone erupt in conversation. At the same time, people rush to the teacher's desk to retrieve their phones from her container.

"Single file line please!" She calls, though no one obeys. She hands people their phones anyway.

After getting my phone, I sit back down in my seat and wait for the bell to ring while Chelsea tells me about all the cute guys she's going to meet at the pool party after this. I'm going for a little bit since we get out early, but then Cam and I have to go to work. Tomorrow night we leave to go to New York for Magcon. We have a whole summer of touring for the convention. Cam and I will be extra busy because we still have work. We have to meet up with Vanity Teen photographers in certain cities. It was either that or they replace us.

We get four off days from Magcon out of the whole summer, so Cam and I already took those days off of work too.

After the bell rings, everyone rushes out of their classrooms in loud commotions, throwing all their school work around the hallways.

After hanging out with Chels and Luke at the pool party for a bit, I leave to go to work with Cam. Our photoshoot doesn't last for very long. Once we're done, we head to Cameron's house.

I'm not sure if my mom is back in town or not. I haven't spoken to her since the break-in, mainly because I haven't heard from her. She hasn't called or even text, and I don't want to call her.

I zip up my suitcase and grab my small bag that I'll take to carry on the plane with me. I fill it with essentials that I'll need on the plane and place it next to my suitcase.

"Are you done yet?" Cam asks me.

"Yes."

"Finally! Now you can help me pack," he says, taking my hand and dragging me toward his suitcase.

After I help him pack, we head downstairs for dinner.

"Where's your mom?" I ask him.

"She's probably asleep. It's already 10:30."

"Wow, I haven't been paying attention to the time," I chuckle.

He sits across from me at the island, his chin resting in the palm of his hand. "What are we going to eat?"

I think about it for a second, but he should already know the answer. "Taco Bell, silly."

He chuckles. "I should've known you would say that."

He hops off his stool and makes his way to my side of the island. Before I can stand up, he wraps his arm around my waist and lifts me off the stool, sending me into a fit of hysterics. He carries me out of the house with one arm until he places me in the passenger seat of his car.

...

Next day

Cameron wraps his arms around my waist and places a soft kiss on my lips before yawning.

"Are you tired, babe?" I ask him, running my fingers through his soft, brown hair. He nods lightly and rests his head on my chest, getting comfortable. "Don't go to sleep yet, we still have to board the plane."