Prologue

Author's Note

Hey guys! I have some important things to tell you before you start reading, so I'll just get straight to the point.

The series: This is the second book to my series starting with Halos & Duets. But I don't really have a name for the series. Anyways, if you didn't read Halos & Duets, you don't have to. You will be able to understand this book without reading the first one because it is about two different people.

Updates: I will be updating on Wednesdays and Saturdays. If I'm able to do more than two chapters a week, then I'll pick a random day to give you guys an extra update.

Chapters: This is the prologue, so it really doesn't count as a chapter. Instead of putting chapter 1, chapter 2, etc.. It will be day 1, day 2. Each chapter will be a new day.

Thanks for reading. I love you guys! Enjoys!!!

---------------------------------------------------

I hated modeling. I absolutely hated it. That's why I was only doing it to make money. That was until I met Cameron Dallas. Everything was different with him. Things still are.

It seems like he was and is an exception to everything I stand against. I love modeling now!

See, about four months I was at a party with my friend, and a lady walked up to tell me how beautiful I was. She said she worked for Vanity Teen, and that they needed a new model. She said I was exactly what they were looking for.

The first day I got there, I hated it. I hated standing there while people gave me commands on how to pose, then told me how beautiful and perfect I was. I thought that I was neither of those things. Most of the other models were at an above average height with blonde hair and eyes the color of oceans. You could literally compare their eyes to rivers or skies. 'What can you compare brown eyes to?' I thought to myself. 'Mud?' I hated being in front of the camera with my curly brown hair, boring brown eyes, and my 5'4" stature.

But I kept the job because I needed the large amounts of money it gave me.

Why did I need so much money?

Because I needed to get my own apartment. Yes, I was only 16, but I had a good reason.

See, both of my parents went into the medical field as careers. My mom's a nurse and my dad's a doctor. Well, he was a doctor. He died about five years ago, and ever since then my mom had been nagging me non-stop about following in my father's foot steps. She said that's what he would've wanted. I told her that I didn't want to study medicine because that's not what my heart was set on. She said that I didn't know what I wanted to do with my future, but the truth is, I did. But you know what? Even if I didn't, who was she to tell me what I wanted? Anyways, I told her that I was going to follow my own path, which wasn't the same path as hers and my fathers. She said that as long as I was living under her roof, I was living under her rules.

So I stuck with my modeling job and made enough money to buy an apartment. And I'm so glad I did because I never would've met Cameron if I hadn't. So in some ways, I wanna thank my mother for being so persistent in wanting me to become a doctor. Her being the way she was drove me out of the house and into a place of my own that is now my home. My mom's house isn't home, and hasn't been since my father passed away.

Home is a place where people respect your decisions and love you for who you know you are. It's a place where you feel comfortable expressing yourself and being you. I didn't feel like I could do that with my mom.

The place I feel most at home is in Cameron's arms. He's been nothing but supportive and helpful in my decision. He believed that I could do whatever I set my mind to, and I did it. But I couldn't have done it with out him. The last few months I've spent with him were the best months of my life.

The first 31 days that I spent getting to know him were crazy and unexpected. Some of the days were heartbreaking, some made me angry, and some were beautiful. I only enjoyed the beautiful days then, but now as I look back on it, each day had its own beautiful and special significance. And I'm so thankful that every minute I spent with him all led up to something great.

But how did we end up together?

Here's our story!