Chapter 20- Said Too Much, They're Not Enough

Yay! 20th chapter!! Thanks so much for 2K reads, you guys are the best. I love you guys so much.

"That was a great shoot, guys! These pictures turned out amazing," our photographer cheers with his voice full of excitement.

"Thanks, Jackson," I smile as I grab a bottle of water and walk off the set. It can get pretty hot working under all those lights.

I walk into the dressing room and remove my designer clothes, replacing them with the casual ones I had on earlier.

When I woke up this morning, my mom was in her room still asleep. Or so I think. Cam told me that I fell asleep before he did last night, and when she came home he didn't say hi, but he didn't hear her go upstairs for a while. So she must've been eating some of the dinner I cooked. I'll see her when I get home tonight.

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I can't wait to go to Nevada to see my cousins, and spend some quality time with my mom.

"Bye, Genie!" I walk over to Cameron who's leaning up against the wall by the door waiting for me. He smiles and drapes his arm over my shoulders as he places a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see."

As soon as he starts the car, the radio comes on and I stare out the window as he drives, watching the pedestrians and bikers. After about fifteen minutes of driving, I notice where we're going.

"Our second date," I smile as we pull into the parking lot of the park we went to on our second date.

Cameron quickly gets out of the car and makes his way to my side to open the door for me.

I smile and step out. "Thank you." He takes my hand in his and guides me to the open space we sat in last time we were here. He pulls me over to the many trees that stand tall behind the space, guiding me through them until we find a certain one. The tree is a nice size, kind of big, but also very pretty. The light breeze makes the beautiful green leaves sway back and forth through the spring air. This is the most beautiful tree out here. "What are we doing by the trees?" I ask, curious as to why we're not having another picnic or playing on the playground equipment like the little children we are.

He reaches in his back pocket, pulls out a small knife, and sits on the ground in front of the tree. "We're carving our names," he smiles.

My mouth stretches out into a super wide grin at the thought of Cameron and I coming back years from now to look at this tree. I really hope we're still together then.

He pulls me down by my hand, making me sit in his lap. I rest my back against his chest as he begins to scribe my name in the bark. I watch as my name becomes a part of the tree, it already becoming a part of me.

He draws a plus symbol, then writes his name under it. "Do you want to finish it?" he asks in my ear.

I nod and he hands me the knife. My hand begins to carve a heart under our names. Under that I put '3/27/14'.

"March 27th," he says. "The day we met."

"Yeah," I smile, dropping the knife on the ground. "I remember what you told me that day."

"I said that you were the most beautiful girl there," he says in my ear as I smile, remembering the day we met on the set of our first shoot together. "You still are, and you always will be."

Cameron pulls out his phone and goes to his music, pressing shuffle on the playlist he created for our picnic a month ago. Our song just happens to be the first one that comes on. Chasing Cars. The song that was playing when we first kissed. His arms wrap around my waist, holding me closer to him while he softly kisses the skin underneath my ear.