Chapter 16- Fantastic Four

I roll my eyes at Chelsea's immature idea. "No Chelsea," I sigh. "We're not going to egg her locker. Just ignore her." Right now Chelsea is arguing with me about why we should egg a girl's locker because she looked at her funny.

"Why not?" she whined as we step into my house.

"Because, Chels, she just looked at you weird. She didn't even open her mouth to speak." I drop my key in the bowl by the door. "And the school has security cameras. You'll get in trouble," I add.

"Ugh," she groans. "I can't believe my best friend's a buzzkill."

I laugh. "I'm not a buzzkill, I'm the reason why you've never been to detention," I remind her.

She shrugs her shoulders and walks into the kitchen along with Luke and I. "I guess you're good for some things."

"I'm starving!" Luke groans, walking to the pantry and pulling out a small container of microwaveable macaroni and cheese.

I walk over to the fridge and pull out an Arizona tea. Digging my phone out of my pocket, I unlock it and go to twitter.

"Is Cameron coming over?" Luke asks from across the kitchen.

"Yeah, he should be here soon."

"Let's go out," Chelsea suggests. "We always hang out in someone's house."

She's right. Whenever we hang out, which is most of the time, we usually watch movies or do stupid stuff in one of our houses.

After fifteen minutes of delicious, cheesy snacks and Arizona tea, Cameron enters through the front door that I left unlocked for him.

"Tina?" he calls.

"In the kitchen!"

He appears through the small entryway of the kitchen and I smile at his appearance. He's in a simple t-shirt and basketball shorts, but he looks so perfect. He has his black Nike duffel bag in hand and it drops to the floor. Sweatbands are on his arms and it isn't until the stench hits my nose that I realize that he just left the gym. My hand immediately flies to my nose to pinch my nostrils closed. I extend my arm to keep as much distance between the two of us as possible.

He laughs and steps closer each time I dodge a hug from him. "Oh come on, babe," he smiles.

I smile back but don't drop my hand. "No, you stink!"

"Seriously dude," Chelsea laughs. "You smell horrendous."

"I don't smell that bad," he argues.

"My eyes! They burn!" I yell dramatically and Cameron just rolls his eyes as I laugh.

"Fine then. Can I take a-"

"Yes!" I interrupt him. "Please go take a shower. You can use my bathroom."

He laughs and grabs his duffel bag while turning around and exiting the kitchen.

Twenty minutes pass by and Cameron walks back into the kitchen smelling amazing. His hair is wet on top of his head and he's wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt. He drops his duffel bag on the floor again and opens his arms as he gets closer to me.

"Can I have a hug now?" He smiles.

I return the smile and walk into his open arms, wrapping my own around his warm body. I breathe in his fresh scent deeply.

"You smell so good," I say, my voice becoming muffled in the fabric on his chest.

He chuckles and rubs his hands up and down my back. It feels like it's been weeks since I've been in my boyfriend's warm embrace, when it's only been a little less than 24 hours. His skin is soft and smells like Dial soap, but his shirt smells like his normal scent, like it's been drenched in whatever detergent he uses. There's something about being wrapped up in his strong embrace that makes me feel so safe and protected, just like my dad used to. Since he passed away, no guy has ever been able to give me the male attention and security that I need, until Cameron. I feel like ever since I met him, I've felt my dad's presence surrounding me, and I can't help but think that it was his guidance that drew me to Cameron.