CHAPTER 2

I and Prim were bored after both men had left and we're now talking about the most randoms things ever like how brushing our teeth is the only time we clean a part of our skeleton and how Dora the explorer's backpack is too little to be carrying a ladder. 

  Our conversation was interrupted by the front door, we looked up and saw mom and dad walking in looking extremely exhausted.

"Hey parents" Prim said casually grabbing an Apple from the fruit bowl and munching on it.

"You didn't even wash that" mom said with a playfully disgusted face. She just made a peace sign and jogged up stairs with her mouth full.

"So how were they?" mom asked referring to Lance and Isaiah as dad went straight into his room Looking tired.

"Cool and..." I was cut off by a not so girly scream that came from up stairs.

"Rich too" Prim yelled and we both wondered how she could even hear us from up there.

"Don't be so materialistic" mom yelled back and I chuckled because I could practically hear her eyes roll.

"I'll make dinner" she said and took out her apron from a drawer even though she clearly looked worse than dad.

"No no no, I'll make it" I said and snatched the apron away from her before she could wear it.

"You cook?" she asked looking quiet impressed in a surprising way.

"I've watched my mom and you do it for years so I guess I can make something" I said and winked at her, she laughed and went towards the medicine cabinet and took some painkillers, a double dose for her and dad along with a tray containing two glasses and a jug of water.

>>>>>>>

  I was almost done and I was quiet impressed that I hadn't burnt down the kitchen yet. I leaned on the counter mentally patting myself on the back because the aroma in the kitchen could make any mouth water hungrily.

  As I waited for the Turkey in the oven, my thoughts moved instantly to Isaiah. Something about his stares was just so hot, so possessive and so hungry. He looked like he would devour me in mere seconds and for some strange reason, I began to blush and feel so flustered all of a sudden. My thoughts were interrupted my the ding of the oven.

I turned off the oven and put on my mittens on begore opening it to reveal the steaming hot sweet smelling baked Turkey. I let it cool down as I took off my mittens and apron and cleaned up the entire kitchen.

  I put two servings on a tray and took it to mom and dad's room, I knocked and heard a 'come in' before entering, Mom and dad were on their beds with their bibles set aside each of them.

"Hmmm smells good" dad complimented as his nose wiggled and I thanked him with a smile and carried the tray to them.

"My first meal, tada" I removed the lid and the steaming dish laid beautifully on the silver platter.

"Enjoy" I said and handed them the tray, mom took it with a questioning look and passed it to dad.

"Why dinner in bed?" she asked knowing that I definitely had the same reason for always doing things like this.

"I just appreciate you guys, for taking me in after my parents died even though you may not be financially capable of caring for two kids, for letting my stay till this age, passed eighteen, the kicking out age, for everything" I said as my eyes flashed a glint of sadness.

  My mom hugged me before pull away to whisper a thank you, we both turned and saw dad who was chowing down the foid that he was totally oblivious to our conversation. I and mom laughed at the stains around his mouth. We said our goodnights then I left the room.

  I went to grab a water before going upstairs to call Prim but that's when I noticed dishes in the sink. She ate already. I ate the last piece of food before retiring to my room.

  I stuck my hand under my bed and grabbed it, my journal, where I write all my thoughts, feelings, poems and other creative stuff. I wanted to be a writer but I don't think mom and dad could afford it.

   Hey journal, I met an old cousin and his...interesting friend today, Isaiah, he's very good looking, I wonder if he has a girlfriend...not that I would care...I'm straight.

  I cooked my first meal and served mom and dad in bed, I really hope they enjoy it, especially mom. Bye for now.

  I closed it and put it back under my bed where it would stay till my next writing. I grabbed the framed photo of my biological parents off my nightstand and stoked their face.

"Goodnight mom, goodnight dad" I whispered and kissed the picture before saying a short prayer with the picture hugged tightly to my chest. Afyer the prayer, I let out a sigh and placed the picture back before closing my eyes to sleep.

Please make sure to vote and comment, feedback is very important and for those that want to criticize, make it constructive...Votes and positive comments fuel my writing process