CHAPTER 19

If you are a homo, heads up, there's a warning

  I sigh for the umpteenth time this morning as I Knott my tie getting ready for church. I begin rummaging through my drawers looking for my socks and that's when I heard someone knock on my door.

"Come in" I said and the door slowly opens revealing mom in a yellow floral dress.

"Good morning" I mutter forcing a smile which she seemed to have bought.

"We haven't seen you since yesterday, you didn't have dinner and now I get ready for church before you" she said looking a bit concerned but I just concentrated on my socks.

"Is anything wrong honey?" she asked slowly walking over to me.

   I could feel the stinging in my eyes, I needed to get rid of her before a tear slipped.

"I'm fine" I croaked and she didn't look convinced but still nodded and politely left my room.

   Immediately the door closed, I slowly sobbed while curling up in a ball. I was making little whimpering noises till I heard the car honking meaning that dad was already in the car.

  I grabbed some socks, probably two different pairs and put them on followed by my shoes. I rushed outside and I was the only one not in the car. I got in and Prim gave me a look which seemed like she was asking how I was doing, I just nodded and she mouthed an okay before turning the other way. She always preferred to look out the window when she was not the one driving the car.

.......

  We arrived at church just in time for the service to begin and as we all walked in, I couldn't help but notice a familiar suited man sitting at the front row.

  Maybe it was someone else, as I walked further I noticed the perfect hair styled in a quiff. The tender beard and then I saw his face.

What in hell was he doing here

  I began to hyperventilate without even noticing until Prim held my hand and squeezed it. I looked at her and she mouth 'it's okay'. I nodded nervously and we went to our positions and that's when Isaiah noticed me.

  He smirked at me but I gave no facial expression back. My face was just blank and I just stared at the podium where my dad stood.

  We began with an opening prayer and I squeezed my eyes shut using this opportunity to stop any potential tears.

...........

   It was now time for the word of God, I immediately took out my bible as required. I could feel the intense staring, Prim was glaring at him and I don't think he noticed because his eyes were fixed on me and I prayed that no one noticed because he was sitting at the front row.

   I was nervous fiddling with my fingers as I awaited to hear the topic of the service.

"Today's topic..." I payed keen attention as he spoke.

"...Homosexuality"

Why me

This is your warning

  Immediately I heard the topic, my face went pale and Isaiah noticed and he coughed a bit but seemed unshaken by the topic.

"You may all turn to the book of Genesis chapter 1 verse 27 and 28" my shaky hands began flipping pages as I opened the book and read the words.

  Prim was too busy staring daggers at Isaiah to notice that I was on the verge of a breakdown. As he spoke on the topic, I began to get a queasy and guilty feeling in my stomach. This usually happens when I sin in between Sundays and then I come to church and get indirectly reprimanded.