CHAPTER 3

I woke up to the sound of screams, I rushed out of bed and ran towards the source of the screams, Prim's room.

"Prim you okay?" I knocked before asking, desperation evident in my worried tone. I only received nothing but more lurid screams.

  I got scared, I would call mom and dad but they were out on morning Evangelism, so I had to deal with this myself. I stepped back and lunged myself at the door and it opened, breaking the hinges.

  I heard more distressed screams coming from the bathroom, I couldn't just barge in so I knocked, no reply so I slowly opened it with my hand over my closed eyes.

"Prim you alright?" I asked trying to find something to hold on to so I don't trip. My hand was quickly snatched away from my face but my eyes were still closed.

"Open your eyes" she said sounding calm and cool. I opened and saw her face all red and covered in blood.

"What happened to you" I asked carefully examining my face.

"I woke up with volcanos on my face so I tried to pop them, perks of being on my period" she grinned sheepishly.

"Oh" I simply said feeling weirded out by the word 'Period'.

"Now get out" she said angrily and pushed me all the way out, she shut the door but it wouldn't close. Broken hinges. She groaned loudly in utter frustration before closing it and holding it in place and locking it.

   Prim wasn't really the nicest on her periods, she craves weird food, gets pimples, emotional outbursts and not to mention the blood. She can also be very careless and forgetful, I once walked into her room to borrow a charger and a used sanitary pad was laying right next to it. The sight scarred me for life. When I get married and my wife is on her period, she's moving into the basement.

   I took a hot bath and had some fruit for breakfast, I didn't bother taking some food up to Prim, the last time I did that when she on her period, she yelled at me for bringing food she didn't asked for and shut the door, breaking my nose in the process. The scar is barely noticeable.

   I watched The Greatest Showman on my laptop in my room. After the movie, I went downstairs to grab a water when I saw Prim slathering butter on a microwaved Steak.

Really Prim?

  I ignored her as she put down the knife and chowed down. I was heading upstairs when I heard the front door open. Mom and dad must be home.

"Hey mom..... and dad" I paused as I noticed Isaiah standing beside them. I made a questioning face at Isaih then at mom.

"We bumped into him and he said he wanted to talk" mom explained and I nodded slowly. Mom began to look at something behind me, I turned to Prim, half of the buttered Steak in her hand and some butter on her lips and sides of her mouth, she looked like an animal.

"Aunty Mercy paid a visit?" mom asked looking a bit worried for her daughter.

"A heavy one" she replied then waved at Isaiah, he waved back with a small smile. She left up the stairs still eating the Steak.

"Keith, be a dear and look after your sister while we have adult discussions" that's code word for 'Go take take of Primzilla upstairs while I chat down here", I sighed but jogged upstairs avoiding all contact with Prim. I love her but, she's on her P word for God sake.

   I got on my bed and played songs on my IPod, I played the first song, Level up by Ciara but then Thunder by Imagine Dragons played. This is Prim's IPod, I remembered borrowing it. I should go give it to her, on second thought, maybe I'll just stay here.

  I laid eyes closed on my bed, humming my favourite playlist then Prim barged in and she looked terrible, she groaned as she accidentally hit her leg on my bed frame.

"Look what you did" she began to yell at me while I just remained quiet hoping to actually see tomorrow. She threw my IPod on my bed and grabbed hers before leaving. I sighed a breaking of relief clutching my chest for dear life, that's when I heard mom call my name.

  I rushed downstairs and Isaiah was still here, at least he wasn't staring like yesterday.

"Sit down honey" mom pointed a chair then I took my seat looking quite curious. Something about the looks on their faces just wasn't right.

"Isaiah here was suppose to leave this morning with Lance but his plans changed so he has to stay, atleast for now, so he needs a P.A to handle some of his work, we are the only people he knows in this town and since you're pretty much free maybe you could..." she paused hoping to receive assurance that I comprehended what she was saying, I simply nodded.

"Good so you'll think about it then?" Isaiah asked looking positively sure that would accept, I just nodded and went back to my room.

  I closed the door behind, I knew they just wanted me to get a job but I can't help but think that this is just a cover up to kick me out, atleast whether that's the case or not, everybody's happy. I earn some extra cash, they get rid of the financial weight, everyone wins. I reached for my journal and wrote in it

  Hey journal, today has been really crazy, Prim's on her P word so there's basically a monster living in the next room.

   Mom and Dad want me work for a guy they just met yesterday, that's definitely not a sign that they want me to leave, right? I'll to do it if it makes them happy, they deserve it.

I'll accept.

   I jogged downstairs, moving with confident face but a heavy heart.

"I'll do it" I said as Isaiah was about to leave.

"Oh that was fast" dad said chuckling but I could tell he was surprised at my quick decision.

"You can start tomorrow, just be here by 8:00am" he said handing me his card and I could have sworn I saw him smirk and wink at me when no one was looking.

"Thank you" I nervously cloaked taking the card as my cheeks turned bright red.

Why am I even blushing?

"See you" he smiled and waved before leaving.