17: Offer

tw: suicidalness 

"Nico, may I talk to you for a moment? Alone?" Hades stood up suddenly, looking directly at his son.

"Sure?" Nico replied confusedly. Nico stood up, following Hades to a side room.

"The hell could they be talking about?" Will questioned. No one seemed to be able to answer that.

"Nico, I have noticed that Will is... Tense. More so than anyone else there, including Frank. I can tell that something is off." Hades began. Nico cocked an eyebrow and crossed his arms, not yet seeing the point.

"Yeah, camp life is tense. I didn't know you could sense emotion? Just near-deathliness?" Nico questioned.

"How near one is to death is what I sense, yes. And that is what I'm sensing with Will. And, I have some social skills, you know, I can tell even without the death." Hades stated, only a bit offended.

"Will's dying?" Was all Nico got out of the spiel. His face quickly went from an expression of apathy to concerned; he couldn't lose Will.

"Not yet. But I'm afraid that the amount of stress he is currently under is giving him the capacity to do so." Hades attempted to put it nicely, though it ended up just being overly lengthy.

"So what you're saying is that Will's suicidal." Nico said bluntly.

"Yes. There is a faint possibility of him dying, so I do suppose that that would be the word for it." Hades agreed.

"So... Are you telling me this for a reason? I knew he wasn't feeling well, I'm working on it." Nico retorted.

"I would like to help with that, Nico. I know that he makes you happy, I'd prefer that he stay alive. While I can't bring someone back from the dead, I can help him." Hades tiptoed over the offer; he didn't know how Nico would react to it. Or, how Nico would react to the specifics and parameters of said offer.

"And?" Nico asked impatiently. He was willing to do a lot to help Will stay alive, though Hades was an odd deal. Considering that he was the god of the underworld. A deal with him was like deal with the devil. Though, being the devil's son always helped.

"I must ask, first, how long did the stressing trauma last?"

👑 triple update because I'm working on chap 28 so I'm clearly too far ahead 👑