27: How

"I don't understand it! We did everything we could to keep her in there-cops testified, I did, I don't get how she's out." Nico hit his fist to the table, groaning.

"And the one person that could testify against her, without a doubt, doesn't remember anything." Kayla pointed out.

"And everything else she could be in jail for was so long ago that he probably can't do jack shit. I think, at least? I don't know shit about those kinda laws." Cecil added. That didn't seem to help.

"So what's the plan of action here?" Kayla asked logically.

"We just keep her from him. Get her banned from the Infirmary, keep him either in there or my cabin. I don't know what exactly would get him to remember, but just keeping her away as much as possible should help that to not happen." Nico decided.

"She coulda enchanted the people at her jail. Dunno what kids of Hecate even do." Cecil wondered, still caught on how she's out.

"And you think she'll just move on? I think she's too obsessed for that, she won't stop until she gets what she wants." Kayla reasoned.

"And what exactly do you think she wants? And what's the least she'd take?" Nico bargained.

"What she wants is Will, her plaything, back. I imagine that the least she'd take to fuck off is... sex. And that absolutely wouldn't work either, Will would never do that again." Kayla answered with a sigh.

"Again?" Nico asked.

"They've fucked. Will didn't tell you this?" Cecil told him bluntly. Nico looked utterly confused.

"He wouldn't have been of age?"

"You think she cared?" Kayla cocked an eyebrow, talking as though it was obvious. Cecil piped up.

"Actually, that was in Texas. Age of consent is different there. He was sixteen, I think, right? And she's a year older? I think, technically, that would be legal. In that sense."

"Extremely debatably. We're getting off track; there's nothing we can do to make her screw off. Except maybe murder. So we're just going to keep on trying to keep them apart, however long?" Kayla clarified.

"That's the plan. Glad we had this short meeting." Nico told them. Kayla and Cecil nodded, starting to walk out.

"Don't tell him I told you they fucked." Cecil told him quickly, and then left.

A/N is this gonna get brought up later? Fuck if I know, I dunno if what i'd plan is too dark. We'll see.