25: Ruin

No one expected to see who they did in the Infirmary that morning.

Nico especially.

And no one knew exactly what effect that person was going to have.

"New camper, back of the room. I don't see anything wrong with her but she's acting like she's in pain, so..." Kayla shrugged, pointing to the back of the Infirmary. They couldn't see who it was quite yet, too many people blocked the way. Nico and Will walked back, hand in hand.

Will's heart dropped. Nico's jaw dropped.

"Willy! I didn't expect to see you here!" A loud girl grinned at Will, ignoring Nico almost completely. Will took a step back, almost instinctively.

"I thought she was too low-power of a demigod to have to be here." Will muttered to him.

Nico was speechless.

"I'm so happy to see you, cutie! It's been a while, huh? Since ya put me in-" Natalie started, but Nico couldn't let her finish that sentence.

"So Natalie, where would that pain be?"

"Hm..." Natalie thought for a moment, "Nowhere, now that I've seen you, Will."

"I'm taken, N-Natalie," Will seemed confused at himself for stuttering the name; nothing that bad had happened with her, right? Nothing recent enough, at least, because he didn't stutter it at school and nothing new had happened since that. Right?

Maybe there was a small part of his brain that hadn't forgotten completely.

"So you can fuck off." Will finished, holding his and Nico's intertwined hands up. Natalie seemed to smirk.

"Can't say my name, huh? I'm glad our fun had that much of a reaction."

"Natalie, maybe you should head to your cabin, I'm sure your siblings would love to meet you. Cabin 20." Nico told her. She sighed, getting up from the cot.

"Fine. I'll say hi to you later, Willy bear~" She smiled, lightly touching Will's shoulder as she strutted off. Will shivered.

"Are you okay?" Nico asked him gently.

"Yeah, of course. I'll just hope she finds some other man candy to attach to. And if she actually gets hurt and must be in here, I'll let her die." Will said casually.

"A bit extreme, wasn't it just an abusive relationship?" Nico clarified, attempting to make sure that was all Will remembered of her.

"I guess you're right. And yeah. Plus, I'm with you now. You wouldn't do anything like what she did." Will said confidently.