The Devil's Puppet

{We all have a Monster within; the difference is in degree, not in kind- Douglas Preston}

-----------

Evening had just passed and the sky already looked as black as coal. Camp was quiet as the lost boys sat close to their tents; waiting for what was about to come. Pan on the other hand was standing in the middle of camp with his arms crossed, waiting for his delinquent.

Two lost boys approached him with a struggle, dragging Clara along with him. She was trying her best to break free from the two as she repeated let go off me. She kicked her legs as if she were swimming and tried her best to break free from the two. Of course there was no use.

Once the lost boys were a couple of feet away from Pan, they threw Clara to the ground in front of him.

"Tsk tsk tsk" Pan said as he began circling her, watching her as she patted her Pants from the dirt. "I heard some rumors I did not like" Pan sneered. "Felix said that you were trying to leave camp. We can't have that, can we?" He said as he bent down, bringing his face close to Clara's. "We can't have our little prisoner touring the area".

He walked away a step and snapped his fingers, causing copper cuffs to appear on Clara's hands. "These cuffs well keep you in camp" he stated.

"What the-"

"Don't speak" Pan commanded. In that moment Clara immediately shut her mouth, not able to speak even if she tried to. She was under his control. She tried taking the cuffs off as if they were bracelets but they just got tighter. "The more you fight them the tighter they'll get" Pan stated.

Clara looked up at him with hate drowning her eyes.

"Stand up" he commanded. Clara immediately stood up at his command as if she were a slave. "I hope you learned your lesson" he continued. With all her might Clara spat on him in disgust.

"You got balls" Pan stated as he looked at her up and down, "I am impressed. But we all know that won't do you any good here" Pan said. He began backing away a couple of feet, not removing his gaze from Clara.

"BOYS" he echoed grabbing the attention of every lost boy. "Today we have a special guest to help us out with training" Pan stated out loud. "Who's up for some target training?"

All the lost boys cheered as they began raising their weapons in the air. Clara looked around with fear as she examined the fierce lost boys.

"Show time" Pan smirked, "You" he said, pointing straight at Clara. Clara shook in utter fear as sweat began forming on her forehead, "Stay in place" Pan said, commanding Clara.

In that moment Clara's body stiffened at his words. She tried her best to move and run for her life but not a single limb moved.

"BOYS" Pan yelled, "Take your position"

The lost boys immediately stood in a horizontal line, a fair distance away from Clara. Clara was shaking in fear. There was no way for her to escape. She wasn't even able to move a single finger. She knew one of the boys was bound to hit her with an arrow.

Pan snapped his fingers causing floating targets to appear all around Clara. The targets were an inch away from the poor lost girl. There wasn't even enough space between Clara and the target for a finger to be placed.

"Who's ready for a little fun?" Pan smirked, looking at Clara like the devil. "Phil, you're up"

At Pan's command, a lost boy immediately adjusted his position as he raised his bow and arrow midway, pulling back the arrow. He closed one eye and focused his arrow on the target right next to Clara's shoulder.