25

-Y/N's POV-

Because Flare and Glacier's birthdays are in a few days, I went to go shopping with Lucky, Shadow and Tokoyami. Todoroki had work, but Tokoyami had the day off.

Lucky was walking through the fantasy book aisle (Glacier's favorite) when she found a book that Glacier may like.

"Hey look, 'Beginner's Game' is on sale! And so is 'Ready Player Two'!" Lucky said as she stopped.

I took a look at the books, put them in my bag. I decided to go look for something that Flare may like. Flare likes food. 

Maybe some of those little food-eraser-thingies? 

Hmm, no. He does like those little Lo-Chew candies, and also some of those Poocky sticks would be good. I grabbed some and put them into my bag. Soon, Lucky ran over to me.

"Dude! Kaminari, Jiro, and Mina are here! What do I do?" Lucky freaked. I tried to calm her down.

"Chillax. Just go and say hi to them."

"O-okay! I got this!" Lucky responded "confidently."

Lucky walked up to them awkwardly, until she caught Mina's eyes.

"Oh hey, Lucky! How are you?" Mina said, hugging Lucky.

Lucky was startled. "G-good, how about you?"

"Oooh, we're doing great! We just hit the ramen shop! What are you guys doing here?"

"Oh, we're here to buy something for Flare and Glacier!" I said.

Mina looked at me. "That's cool! I got to go now, see you later!"

Lucky waved awkwardly. When Mina left, Lucky started freaking out again. 

"Oh god! What if I messed up! I- I have to go to the bathroom real quick!" She said as she ran towards the restroom."

Shadow inched closer towards me. "Sometimes, she worries me."

I looked at Shadow. "I agree."

"She should just confess."

"Yeah. So, how is it going with you and William?"

"Better. He's still a bit of a nerd, I guess. But he's still nice."

I smiled. "I'm so glad that you're opening up so much after we turned ourselves in."

Shadow turned to me. "Well, it's because Tokoyami told me that hiding my emotions and thoughts aren't really the best for me. He said that he had personal experience, and after opening up to his friends he became happier. So I'm trying to do that."

I smiled even wider. "Awww, that's so cute!"

Shadow looked down. "Please don't."

"I'm basically the mom of the group. I do mom things. You can't stop me from doing mom things!"

"Yeah, yeah."

I thought about how dark and miserable we were before we got our supervisors. We were barely living off of a dollar a day, despite all of our missions. They would promise us a sum, and they would give us not even a half of what they promised. And we had to spend all of that on food and water. 

"I'm baaaaack!" I heard Lucky yell.

"Let's continue!"

-Time skip to lunch time-

We bought some more stuff for Flare and Glacier, when we decided that we were hungry. We decided to get some pizza. We were at Tokoyami's place eating pizza when I got a text message.