27

I hope you guys like the art! I kinda got bored of fixing the story, so I drew something that you guys may like! YEET

_____________________________

-Y/N's POV, Few hours later-

I woke up from a pretty long nap. It was about 5:30 p.m. when I woke up, so I rolled out of the couch and got my phone. I hate 673 messages from the others, but that's fine. Most of it was Flare and Lucky roasting each other and Glacier complaining about how many messages she keeps getting. Shadow has been oddly silent.

I noticed that I actually had a few messages from Shadow, but they were private.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Umbreon- Hey.

Umbreon- I have something to warn you about.

Umbreon- I went on a few coffee dates with Will. He really does seem a bit suspicious. 

Umbreon- Be careful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a bit... unexpected. I mean, I knew that they were going on dates. But I didn't know that even SHADOW thought of him as suspicious. This means bad news. I went on to warn Sero, but he said that he got the same exact message from Tokoyami. 

I wonder why he's warning ME, honestly. I don't know why William is a threat to me. He's more of a threat to Shadow than to anyone.

Sero said that he was coming back to the house in about thirty minutes, and that he just needs to finish writing all of the daily reports from his sidekicks.

I decided to text Shadow for a bit, before Sero comes home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Espeon- Okay, thank you for the warning

Espeon- Anyways, how have you been?

Umbreon- Good.

Espeon- Hm, that's good

Umbreon- Hey, you want to go visit William? I think you might want to check him out to see if he really is suspicious or not.

Espeon- Sure. Meet me in ten at the station. I have to contact Sero first

Umbreon- Okay, see you then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got into actual clothes, contacted Sero, and then left. I arrived at the police station a bit later, but Shadow and Tokoyami were already there. I greeted them, and then went in. William was eating a donut like a typical policeman. He saw me and choked on his food. When he pulled himself together, he went to greet me. I already knew that he was suspicious. He never hesitates. He never needs to pull himself together. Strike one.

"H-hello! I haven't seen you in a while, Crystal!" William greeted. Strike two. He never stutters.

"I mean, yeah. We haven't seen each other since highschool. You seem different," I replied.

"Hm? Do I? I apologize."

Not exactly a strike, but his response did seem odd. He's definitely hiding something. I made sure that nobody but the four of us were in the room. Then I started talking.

"What is the real reason you're here?" I asked cooly. He hesitated again.

"Oh, I thought you knew! I moved here because of my parents!" He answered. Strike three. He lied. He never lies.