Comfort (Tree Bros)

Comfort (Tree Bros)

 Evan had worries. Connor had low self-esteem. Neither one of them dealt with those well. Evan would hide in his room all the time and panic at the slightest sound. He'd skip school so he could avoid talking to people or miss a test he didn't study for. And Connor, he'd do drugs and smoke pot. He'd stay home all day so he could get high instead of dealing with the hell called school and the demons there that were students.

But sometimes those bad coping mechanisms didn't work out well, and they needed another person.

If Evan's worries got the best of him, he'd find comfort in Connor's arms. He felt safe there, like nothing could hurt him. Connor's fingers would interlace with his or run slowly through his hair as Evan laid close to his chest, listening to his heartbeat. His soft-spoken 'I love you’s and gentle kisses filled him with the peace he needed.

If Connor began to hate how he was or the things he did, he'd confide in Evan. He'd hold him in his arms with his head resting on his as he ranted about what bothered him or made him depressed. Evan would provide advice or simple words of encouragement, boosting his confidence to where he needed it with just his smile.

The two were always there for each other and they kept the other happy and in good spirits. If Evan didn't have Connor, he'd never know what to do. If Connor didn't have Evan, he'd not be anywhere in life. Without one another, they really weren't much. Together, however...a whole different story.