I Wish He Could Have Been Mine (Tree Bros)

Sorry for the lack of updates. Stuff been hard y'all. But fear not, I'm here and doing okay! Do enjoy uwu
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He's such an angel. Sitting here beside me, short and stubby fingers picking at the grass. His blue eyes so set on whatever he's doing. Soft lips curled up into a smile. I wish I could have had him. I wish I could have met him before I made this decision. I wish he could know I'm right here beside him. He's the real angel here. Not me. With all the catastrophe going on in his life right now, it's not surprising his delicate soul chose to be tucked inside the trees of a park rather than in his bedroom or around his mother. Keeping his problems to himself. I like that about him, I know how it feels. Sometimes I want to keep it all inside too. Except, now, I basically have to. I'm but a spirit sitting here beside him. I reach out and touch his dirty blond hair, but naturally I feel nothing. I wished I could have been HIS. I wish he could have been MINE. I wish I got to KNOW him. Maybe now, if I had, I could really be sitting here beside him. Maybe we could talk about our problems and help one another. I can see that smile starting to fade away from his lips, and that means a whirlpool of thoughts must be coming to overtake him. I'm sorry, Evan. This wouldn't even be happening if I had just...if I had just stayed here. I could have got to know you. You're so perfect in every aspect without knowing it. But your problems cease to show all those battered perfections. It's always the best of us, huh? And now you cry. Whirlpool must have finally hit, smashing right through your content thoughts and sucking them in and bringing them into a darker place. I wish I could help. I wish I was here now. But it's alright, Evan. I'll try to watch over you when no one else will.