Chapter 1: Into the forest

I looked lightly and softly at the ceiling as I have been doing for the past 3 hours. I couldn't help but not feel tired, but more energized for my first day back to school. My eyes gazed around the room hoping that something interesting would pop up out of nowhere and beg for my attention... But it never came. So lightly with my everlasting energy, I grabbed my phone and looked at the time only to see an answer that was very familiar to me. "Great... 3:30 again...". So quietly, I walked over to my closet to get out some jean shorts and a tee shirt along with my running shoes, worn out from being my favorite pair of Converse sneakers. I changed quickly and left quietly, not waking anyone up. I stretched as I reached outside and plugged in my earbuds to listen to music as I ran through the forest. "I won't take too long..." I told myself as I had done these past mornings. I know this isn't that safe but I always have told my parents I was running around the city. But it's not like they care to ask as often as I would like. Being 15, I imagined that my parents will be wanting to spend more time with me before I get too old. But my 13 year old self was never that smart to figure out that what I wanted, was never going to happen...