Chapter 17: The Dance

I sat down on the bed to her and sighed. I smiled at her lightly, "We gettin' ready, or what?" She looked at me with a smile, "Yeah, It's in an hour. Let's get our gay on!" I laughed to that and hugged her tightly. I left to my bathroom onto the side and got out my dress. It was black with yellow gems that where heavy at the corset but scattered as they went down. I went and tried to change into the dress which was a struggle. "Hey, you never told me your story, love." I smiled at that and decided to tell her, "I wasn't all that perfect in middle school. I was smart but the one thing I always desired was my parent's love and attention. However, they where always busy with my brother and his issues. I noticed this, so I turned into a bit of a rebel in order to get it. So, when ever I mess up, they scold me. It's become tiring and even if I leave the house at nights into the forest, they wouldn't notice. But that's all I wanted, someone to notice." I wiped away the hot tear streaming down my face. I quickly put on some makeup and my black heels, "Are you ready?" I asked her from the door, "Ready as I'll ever be."

I came out and saw Aryn in her tuxedo. I smiled and saw that she had put her hair in a small bun in the back. "You look amazing." She said as she extended a hand to me. I took it and she spun me around. I smiled, "And you look handsome as ever." She smiled at that and so did I. "Do you wanna walk or drive?" She smiled and put me on her back. "I would like to walk." She carried me the whole way. Aryn, the most amazing person I know, did everything in her power to make me happy. We arrived at the school and she put me down on the ground and bowed to me, "Ready, love?" I smiled, "Yes, I am." I grabbed her hand as we walked inside. Of course we got glances but that was only from the normal mean girls. I didn't care, Aryn didn't care. We danced, and danced, and danced. We were happy, It had turned 9:57 and Aryn had gotten a call from someone so she stepped outside. I went and got a drink at the food table. A boy approached me and asked for me to dance, I told him this, "No thank you." He looked at me with a frown but didn't stop. Than Aryn came, she leaned in and whispered to me, "Hey love... Um... He's awake, he's in the county jail... Can we-" I cut her off knowing what she wanted already, "See him? Yeah, I don't mind." I kissed her on the cheek to comfort her forgetting the guy still begging for my attention. I turned toward him, "Yep, I'm gay."