Chapter 15: A cottage

But I didn't. My calm disposition changed into a worried demeanor. I put in my earbuds to calm myself down. However, throughout the day, I didn't see her. I was worried as hell when I got home and went for a run through the forest. I later noticed a small house in the woods, it looked run down and abandoned. I know this is dumb, but, I went inside. It legit called to me. I know this is basically a scene out of a horror movie, but bear with me. I went inside and was greeted by an old lady wrapped in a blanket. She stared at me, expectantly, "I've been waiting, Miss." I stared at her, "What do you mean?" She turned around and walked inside, "Please, do come in..." And so I did, I went in and the whole place looked like the definition of a witches hut. Cobwebs in each corner, dust piling up on stacks of books and a cauldron with a chair next to it and another on the other side. I sat down on the chair as she sat on the other. She grabbed my hands and looked at me. "Your shouldn't have given him your power. I can give it back to you, but it will come at a cost." I stared at her, calmed by her words but still a bit frightened, "I need to know what happened to Aryn." She smiled at me lightly, "She is at home, but not alone. To get back your power, a soul, you must give me to devour. But the dance at midnight's peak, you and Bill will once again meet." She gave me a small globe made of glass that fit in my hand along with the location to Aryn. She let me be on my way and although I wish that this would be my last time there, but I knew it wasn't.