Chapter 6- So... You're Staying?

Y/N's POV

"I'll try," I say, holding back tears, just in case this is their way of abandoning us without making it hurt so bad.  

Alex and I get food, and we eat in silence.  Dad and Grandpa are still talking about it, and I see Alex texting her friend.  I can't take the silence, so I put my earbuds in and play music from my phone.  I play it as loud as it can go and I close my eyes.  Sometimes, you just need to drown out the world with music.

After about an hour, we go back to our house.  I go in my room, and I pack everything in my suitcase.  I don't even care enough to change my clothes, and I crawl into bed.  I eventually fall asleep, my mind racing with thoughts.

"Enoch?" I say, looking around.

I can't see anything, but I can sense so many different emotions around me.  Fear, guilt, sorrow, sadness.  

"What is it?" he whispers.

"I can't see," I tell him.

"I know, stay close," he tells me, and he puts his arm around me.  With his other one, he is holding Claire.  But that's all I see, people and emotions.  Not the place, not the setting, only people.  I hear shouting, and there is so much fear in the air that I shoot upright into a sitting position.

And that's when I woke up.

I look at the clock.  It says 2:54 am.  I put my hand over my heart, which is racing.  That dream was less than pleasant.  I lie back down, attempting to fall back asleep.  All I can think about is that my family is leaving me here tomorrow.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  But, it could be a good thing.  If I don't have to leave, I could be with Enoch.  Although that would still leave Olive, but that's not the problem right now.

I need to find out what's so dangerous on this island, and why it's so important that this happens.  I wake up Alex, shaking her arm.

"What?" she grumbles, rolling over to look at me.

"We need to find out what the thing is that Dad and Grandpa are afraid of, and why they need to leave and we need to live in a loop,"

"My gosh Y/N, it's literally 2 in the morning.  Go back to sleep," she orders.

"I'm going out to look for answers, you can come if you want," I tell her.

"I'll be right there, meet me in the living room.  Be quiet, we don't want to wake them up," Alex says, and rolls out of bed and walks toward the bathroom.  I realize that I'm still in my clothes from yesterday, so I don't bother changing.  I walk into the living room and I wait for her there.  When she walks out, I talk to her telepathically so we don't make any noise.

"You ready?" I ask.

"Yup," she replies.  "Let's go"

We walk out the front door, and I suggest going to the bar first.  I said that we could get Jacob, but she didn't want to wake him up.

The bar is pretty empty, only the bartender and another random guy is sitting in the corner.  I go up to the bartender and I ask for a water.  Alex gets cherry cola, a great way to wake her up.  When he comes back with our drinks, he asks us where we were today.

"We were on the other side of the island," I say.

"We went to the beach," Alex adds.

"Where either of you the ones who killed the sheep?  I've known everyone here for years, and I know none of them did it.  The only people I don't know is you two, the family staying here, and the guy in the corner,"