9

Third person pov

The man snuck up to the house carefully and slowly closed in on the door. Of course it was locked but the lights were off. If there was anyone inside, they'd be asleep upstairs.

He gently picked the locked and walked in quietly.

Max heard noise coming from the kitchen and began to think she was hearing things. She turned her phone off and sat up on the couch. When she looked behind the couch, she caught a glimpse of a black figure moving through the dark. She stood up and walk around the couch, grabbing a the base of a potted plant on her way. There weren't many weapons but the base could easily break over his head.

Max's pov

Thank God I'm wearing socks, or my steps would never be as quiet. The person was turned around, looking through cabinets and drawers in the kitchen as I snuck up behind him.

I noticed he had set aside some knives in one drawers and I picked up the stabbing one. Well, it's actually bread cutting one but it could be used for the other thing right?

Once I'm behind him, I make a move, placing him in front of me but the knife in front of his neck. I'm holding back his arms with the other and he gasps in surprise.

"Why are you in our house?" I ask calmly.

"Put down the knife, kid. Go back and cuddle up with mommy." He chuckled but the knife just gets closer to his throat with every word. "Alright, have it your way."

I let out a scream when he rips one hand from my grasp and pulled out a knife from his pocket. He glides his own blade behind him and slashed my side. In my moment of weakness, he releases from my grip and pushes me back. I immediately put my hand on my side and felt it bleeding out. I'm only wearing a tank top so there's no way it will stop soon. The man comes toward me again but I react fast and punch his nose. He stumbles back and holds his nose for a second and I run forward. I hold his shoulders and pull him down to knee him in the stomach.

"Ah, bitch!" He yells out. I can tell he's angry, I mean, I just kneed him, that's kind of understandable. But he deserved it.

The man reacts fast too and pulls me back over to him. He holds me tight as I struggle to get out of his grasp.

"You need to learn some manners, little girl."

"You need to grow a bigger dick, small boy." We stand for a second, never taking our eyes off of the other. We both hold scowls on our faces and just stare in pure hatred. Suddenly, he pulls back his arm and throws a punches but misses my face when I dodge. He quickly pulls it back again and elbows me hard in my upper arm. He let's go and I fall to the floor, holding my upper arm and my side which I now feel sting immensely. I shut my eyes and wince, trying to ignore the pain.

"You're a stupid, worthless bitch. At least you could be good as someone's little whore." He says and turns around, grabbing his bag of OUR stuff. I'm sure I have fire in my eyes as I stand up, ignoring the pain completely. I've had it with this asshole and there's no way I'm letting  my band down by letting him get away. I grab the plant pot (remember that?) off of the counter and walk to him slowly. My vision starts to get foggy but that doesn't stop me.

I start running and reach him before he gets to the front door before I  smash the potted plant on his head. I watch as he immediately falls to the ground and it is silent again. I stand over him for a second before crouching down to check his pulse on his neck. He's still alive but I need to act fast before he wakes up.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and press the emergency call on the lock screen. I groan out in pain. My vision is blurring and I can't see the numbers properly. I get frustrated but take a deep breath and finally type in 9-1-1. By now, I'm on my knees, curled up into a small ball.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?" The operator asks.

"There was break in at my house. The robber is unconscious but I'm losing a lot of blood." My words are choked but I talk as smooth as I can. The lady asks for my address and I tell her.

"Help is on the way. Do you need me to stay on the phone with you?" I close my eyes.

"I think I'm about to pass out."