23

"So are you going to tell us what happened?" Jonah asks. He's sitting in the passenger seat as I try to rush after Corbyn. I stay quiet and focus on the road. "Max?" I said nothing again and Jack leaned forward.

"Hey-"

"Goddamnit, why does everyone want to know what happened!? Have you ever thought that maybe I don't want to talk about it!?" I yell, still looking forward. The car is quiet for the rest of the ride when we finally arrive at Aaron's house.

Fuck, Corbyn's parked right outside.

I quickly jump out of the car and sprint to the front door. The door is already flung open and I walk inside. The first thing I see is Corbyn throwing a punch at Aaron.

"Corbyn!" I yell out. He ignores me as Aaron tries to punch his face but Corbyn moves his head and it hits his ear. I run up to the two and try to pull Corbyn away. Meanwhile, Jonah pulls back Aaron. Of course, I'm small and can't hold Corbyn back so Jack helps me.

"Will someone please answer me! What is going on!?" Jonah yells, getting everyone's attention.

"Do you know what he did to Max?!" Corbyn shouts back.

"Corbyn-" I try to warn him.

"He has the nerve to cheated on her! Then he yelled at her when she asked him to leave. He-"

"Corbyn, stop!"

"Why are you protecting him!?"

"You hitting him means you'll sink as low as him!"

"What?!" Jack yelled. I turn to him because he's next to me, helping to hold back Corbyn.

"You hit her?!" Zach rages toward Aaron.

"I didn't mean to!" Corbyn struggles harder.

"Bullshit!" Zach yells.

"I'll kill you!" Corbyn threatens.

"I'm sorry, Max! No amount of apologies will make you forgive me but I'm so fucking sorry!" Aaron yells at me, close to tears. Corbyn gets ready to pounce again but Zach and Daniel help Jack and I pull him back. Jonah pulls Aaron's arm behind his back and twists it into a painful position. Aaron yells out when we hear a crack.

"Jonah!" I scream at him. Corbyn keeps yelling for us to let him go but we have a firm hold on him.

Jonah let's go of Aaron and he falls to the ground, holding his arm.

"Don't you dare go near her again!" He yells down to Aaron.

"C'mon, let's take Corbyn back home." Zach whispers to me.

"I'm gonna stay here a second." I glare at Jonah who's listening to Aaron yell in pain. His face is angry and I can tell he wants to punch him too. Zach just nods and the three of them take Corbyn out of the house. I look at Jonah but he has an angry frown on his face.

I, however, might just have a scarier one.

"Max-"

"Shut up!" I snap at Aaron. Jonah looks at me in surprise and I glare at him again.

"You and Corbyn are crazy." I speak calmly with a scowl.

"We're just protecting you."

"I don't need to be protected! He was out of my life and I was hap-"

"You were not happy!" He interrupts. "You left us!" He yells.

"I was happy that I never had to see him again! Now here he is again, back in my stupid life!" I say, pointing to Aaron. He's still on the floor but sitting up now. His face is contorted and he's obviously in a great deal of pain. He's still clutching his arm and winces every now and then. "Go drag yourself to the hospital. I hope you know that if you say he did it, I can tell them you hit me and your ass will face the same damn consequences. Don't come near me or my friends again." I say and he just nods with tears in is eyes and one trailing down his cheek. He knows he deserves it.