29

Ugh.

Mornings.

You know what, fuck stereotypes. I'm gonna be happy this morning. I rip the covers off of me and sit up on the side of my bed.

I wipe the dry tears from my eyes and get up to use the bathroom. I wash my face and change into some black jean shorts and a dark blue long sleeve shirt. I unplug my phone and try to be quite, trying not to wake up Jack and Daniel. I guess they finally came upstairs while I was asleep.

As I make my way downstairs, I hum along to Dive by Ed Sheeran and queue it on Spotify.

I sway my hips and hum to the music while holding the pan. I flip the pancake and wait for the other side to cook before I hear the familiar start to Dream a Little Dream of Me. I smile but continue to watch the pancake. I start to sway my hips slightly and move my head along with it.

As Ella Fitzgerald begins to croon, I sing along and continue to do my small dance. I place the finished pancake onto a plate then move to the middle of the kitchen and do my small dance, spinning around.

"Say nighty night and kiss me. Just hold me tight and tell me you miss me. While I'm alone and blue as can be, Dream a little dream of me." I close my eyes as I sing along and continue to dance slowly, letting the music consume me. I jump when I feel a hand lightly grasp mine and hear a voice sing along to Louis Armstrong's part. I open my eyes and see Corbyn holding my hands and dancing with me. He has a sly smile on his face as he lightly swings his hips along with the music. I smile up at him and sing along with Ella's echo.

"Still craving your kiss."

"How you crave my kiss." I let out a silent laugh. And we start to spin as we sway to the music. He finishes that part of the song and I start mine.

"Give me a little kiss, sweheheheheet dreams." I continue and his smile gets wider as he listens to me. We continue to dance softly and sing. Our eyes are always interlocked and I admire the colors in his. The hazel in the inside shines in the light coming through the windows but the light makes the blue gleam beautifully.

At one point, Corbyn lifts a hand above my head and spins me. We laugh together and continue on. His smile never leaves and I'm sure mine doesn't either. His happiness is contagious and I can't help but think of how much I love him.

I frown slightly at the thought but the smile quickly forms again. I love Corbyn? It makes me smile cause it feels so right to think that.

Toward the end, we stop dancing and we just smile at each other like goofs. Our faces are less than a foot away and we didn't realize that the song ended until the next one started. The beginning was abrupt and we both jumped, pulling away from each other.

"Aw, come on!" We hear from the side of the kitchen. Both of us quickly look over and there stood all of the boys in their sleepwear, watching us. "It almost happened!" Zach yelled, throwing his hands into the air. Corbyn and I looked at each other confused before Jonah and Jack walk around the counter top and put their arms around Corbyn's shoulders.

"Ya know, Max." Jonah says cheekily. I raise an eyebrow, urging them to continue. "I know you just got out of a relationship, but this boy right here," Jonah pats Corbyn's chest and he shakes his head, laughing. "He'd make an excellent significant other!" I laugh and turn around to turn the stove off.

"Oh, pancakes!" Zach yells, noticing the stack on the plate. He walks over and grabs a plate of his own and places five of them on it. I shake my head. I'm glad I made a lot.

"Seriously Max, this dude's a stud!" Jack yells, pointing to Corbyn. I laugh and shake my head as I get out the rest of the plates and silverware.

"Whatever, get your food, matchmakers." They chuckle and Corbyn smiles as he pushes Jonah and Jack away from him.

"We heard your cover last night. It was really beautiful. It was nice to just hear you and your acoustic." Daniel said, changing the subject.

"Oh, thank you. To be honest, I felt like our song wasn't enough." I pause and we all sit around the living room, digging into our food. "It was really good, but it's not my kind of music. I needed a bit more closure of my own." I said honestly.

"That makes sense. As long as you are over that loser." Corbyn adds with a frown before stuffing a big piece of pancake in his mouth.

"Corbs, do you need a knife?"

I ask him. He grins with a mouth full of pancake and shakes his head.

"You really think giving him a knife is a good idea?" Jack asks. Corbyn points his fork at him and glares playfully. He mumbles something but all the pancake makes it hard to hear.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Beanie." I remind him like a mother would. Corbyn chews his food and swallows before turning back to Curly Fries. Oh, I like that nickname. That's going in a book or some shit.

"I said, watch it." Corbyn points his fork at Jack again and we laugh.

"Max, I didn't know you could actually sleep. What happened last night?" Jack asks and I just shrug.

"Wait, hold on." Jonah joins in. "The vampire actually sleeps? I didn't know it was physically possible for you to do that."

"I slept the first two nights I lived here." I point out.

"That's because you were bitten on the third." Daniel makes a 'spooky' gesture and wiggles his fingers.

"Shh, you'll scare the baby." I whisper and look over to Zach. He looks up at us, probably confused. His eyes are wide and he looks like a deer in the headlights because he hadn't been listening to a single word we've said.

The other boys laugh.

"Bro, you need to pay attention." Jack says.

"These are good pancakes!" Zach defends himself and eats another bite of his third pancake.