Chapter 15

"I can't believe you're engaged!" My best friend Taylor says to me as we walk into the empty bathroom. She has a huge bag with her and she locks the bathroom door behind her. "Let me see!"

I laugh and hold up the ring as she turns my hand, studying it. "Me either. Who knew a my old stall in the steer barn would be the perfect place to-"

"He proposed in that old steer barn?" She raises her eyebrow and gives me a disgusted look.

I look in the mirror blushing. "Yeah," I look down at my ring, twirling it around my finger smiling. "and it was perfect."

"Whatever." she laughs and unzips her bag. "I brought you something," she pulls out my favorite dress that I thought I lost a few months ago. "TA-DA!"

"OH MY GOSH YOU'VE HAD IT THIS WHOLE TIME?"

"Yes! I was saving it to bring you on a special occasion and this seems like a really good one." She handed me the dress and then a brand new light blue jean jacket and boots.

"Why did you- I don't under-"

"You thought I was going to let you wear that to this show?"

I look down at my wardrobe choice. It's my old ripped skinny jeans, black flip flops and a grey tank top. "Yeah good idea." I put the stuff down and change into the clothes.

"Okay come here." She has me sit up on the sink so she can do my hair and makeup. "All done," she puts down all her stuff and stands back. "now, stand up." I hop down from the sink, fix my dress and roll up the sleeves on the jacket. "turn." She orders. I spin around and twirl my dress. I see myself in the mirror and stop. I'm surprised at how amazing she made me look. I turn back to her and smile. "eeEEEK! YOU LOOK AMAZING!" She squeals, grabs my hands and starts jumping up and down. I stand there laughing at her. I turn and look at myself again.

"Do you think he'll like it?"

She stops jumping and looks at me weird. "Honey, you'll have every guy in the county with their mouth hanging wide open!"

I laugh. "Yeah well I only care about Hunter's."

I look in the mirror one last time and walk out with Taylor. "You ready for the show?"

"I don't understand why its that big of a deal. Its just a show that I've seen 50 times."

"mmmhmmm." Taylor grabs my hand and pulls me to our seats. "This is going to be the best show EVER!" She sits down and I follow. I know she knows something I don't but I don't even bother to ask.

I shake my head and laugh as the lights go down, I twirl my ring with my thumb as and all the girls behind me start shrieking.