Chapter 22

"TAYLOR!" I some how get one of my legs free from squirming. The guy is almost on top of me when I kick his crotch. After he bends down I kick him in the nose and I'm pretty sure I broke it. I get my other leg out. The other guy sees me and starts coming towards me, fast and angry, he's bigger and punches me in the face. I also kick his crotch but he isn't as hurt by it. I keep kicking and kicking just trying to get him away from me enough to get free.

I finally get one good one to the face. He backs up and hold his nose in his hands. I look up at undo the knot holding my hands. "TAYLOR TAYLOR YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!" I have been in too many of these situations before. If you didn't wake up you wouldn't have the chance to fight back.

"Amy!" The big guy grabs a gun off the counter and jumps on top of me. "Remember me princess?" I look at him for a second and realize who it is.

"Roger." I whisper to myself. He used to be my boyfriend a couple years ago and when I said I wouldn't marry him and that it was over, he beat and raped me.

He holds the gun pointing towards my chin from my chest. I'm trying with all my strength to push up and away from me. "Why? Why are you doing this?" I try to push, but he's stronger.

"You wouldn't marry me," His sadness turns into rage. "YOU MARRIED THIS GUY. I FIGURED YOU'D WANT ONE LAST TASTE OF A REAL MAN!"

I'm so beyond pissed and terrified at this point. "GET... OFF, ME!" I give one last shove and push him off, grab the gun out of his hand and point it at him. "I swear to God if you touch her or me this bullet will right through your head." They both put there hands up and back away. "Now if I ever, EVER, hear from you or see either of you ever again I will make sure this bullet blows your brains out."

"Amy-" He tries to say something but I won't let him. He doesn't deserve to defend himself.

"DON'T FUCKING SPEAK!" I look over and see Taylor starting to wake up. I get off the table and walking over to her, not taking them out of my eye sight. "Now leave, give me our stuff and LEAVE!" They throw our dresses on the floor in front of me along with our phones as they run out. I look out to make sure they're gone, his truck speeds down the highway and crashes into a pole, blowing it up.

They're both dead, and it's my fault.

I put the gun on the table and run back over to Taylor. "Taylor, Taylor wake up." I untie her feet and hands, "Taylor come on, stay with me." I start crying for Hunter and God. "God please, why? God, Hunter someone." I look up trying to hold back the tears. Taylor finally fully comes to and realizes what's happening.

"Amy, OH MY GOD AMY WHATS HAPPENING!" She starts screaming at the top of her lungs. I just grab her and hug her as tight as I can.

"Shhhhh. Stop you need to stop so we can get out of here." I hand her, her dress and help her put it on. She stands up and help me with mine even though she's hyperventilating. I grab my phone and call Hunter. "Taylor, call 911." The phone rings and rings. After three times calling him he finally picks up. I'm out of breath from fighting and I'm about to have a panic attack.

"AMY?"

"HUNTER! Hunter," I let out a breath knowing they didn't hurt him. "you're okay."

"Where the hell are you? Are you okay?"

"I don't exactly know where I'm and, no I'm not okay. Taylor is calling 911 and they are on there way."

"What happened? Tell me. I'll call 911 and find you and after that I'll stay on the phone with you until I get there."

"Hunter, have Sam drive I don't need you to crash. Please, just, go to the hospital that's probably where they are going to take us. Just please be careful. I don't need any more tragedies tonight."

"Amy, whats going on?"

"Just tell everyone I said thanks for coming and... and they can stay as late as they want but I won't be coming back. I'm going to- what?" Taylor taps my shoulder.

"They are on their way and they're taking us to the hospital." Taylor says still shaking and crying.

"Okay Hunter, have Sam drive you to the hospital. I'll explain later just, please be there when I am."

"Promise, I love you so much." I can hear his voice start to shake.

"Please don't cry Hunter."

"I'm trying to be the strong one. I'm sorry. I'll be there I love you so much."

"I love you so much too. Bye."

"Bye."

~~~

We arrive at hospital and Hunter is right in front of us. I see him run in as they take us in right behind him. For some reason they wheel me in on a wheelchair. "Hunter." It's a whisper because that's all I have the breath for. He's at the desk when he spins around and runs to me. He picks me up and squeezes me tighter than every before. "Hunter." I just say his name over and over. His familiar smell calms me for a few seconds until reality hits again.

"Amy I'm so sorry I should've been there for you."

"It's fine. You couldn't have done anything. They dru- they dru...." I can't say anything understandable and everything starts to go black. I can't open my eyes.

All I hear isnHunter yelling and crying. "Amy! Amy! Please wake up." Then nothing but ringing. I'm back here again. Back where I am helpless and traumatized. I've killed 3 people. Because of me 3 -horrible, nasty people, who I know deserved it- are now dead. But they have families, lives, people who they were supposed to go home to. I don't think I will be able to forgive myself, ever. My head hurts so bad and all I want is to be okay and not afraid anymore. But, it looks like we are back at square one.