Chapter 19

I open my eyes to Taylor shaking me. I'm back in her room, in her apartment, I realize I'm screaming and having another night terror.

"AMY SNAP OUT OF IT!"

I sit up and finally stop screaming. I shake my head and hold it because its thumping like crazy. "I'm, I'm so sorry. I should've told you."

She gives me a funny look. "Told me what?"

"That this happens, a lot."

"Amy, when did this start? Did it start when you started dating Hunter?"

"Yes, but it wasn't Hunter. He was the one who helped- and is helping me through this. Its, well...."

"What?!"

"I was trying not to tell you this but I guess you'd be confused tomorrow too but, when Hunter and I went to this house." I start crying again because I'm used to Hunter comforting me, and the topic doesn't help either. "Long story short, my Dad found us, he came to," I pause wishing it never happened, not wanting to believe that its true "he came to kill me, I think. He beat me really hard. When I told him Mom killed herself, Hunter pushed him down the hill." I look up at her with tears running down my face. "He shot himself." I start crying even harder into my hands.

"Amy, if I knew it was that bad I wouldn't have as-"

"Its okay." I start to calm down. I'm finally able to talk about it without cry for hours anymore. "Its okay I'm fine just, I need to call Hunter really quick."

"Hey," I look up at her. "I'm here for you okay?"

"Yeah." I look back down at my phone. She hugs me again.

"Do you need anything?" She asks.

I shake my head. "No I'm fine, really."

She nods, walks to the door, and turns around looking at me. "Okay well if you need anything go get it or come get me, okay?"

I nod and smile a little "Alright, Thank you, for waking me up."

She just nods and walks back to her room. I turn back to my phone and call Hunter. I scratch my face as I put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" He asks with his really attractive groggy voice.

I let out a breath knowing he's really alright. "Hey. I had a night terror."

"Do you want me to come over?" He asks, perking up quickly.

"No I'm fine. It was, just..."

"Just what?"

I let out a sigh and let my hand run over my face. "I had a dream you we in a car crash on the way home from Taylor's and I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"Well I uh- I think I'm okay, I still have all my parts and I'm not bleeding, so I think I'm good." I laugh at his dorky response.

"Okay well I'm going to sleep. I love you."

"I love you too." We sit there on the phone in silence, I can hear him breathing but we aren't saying anything.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hang up and fall back on the bed.

Hunter is fine. The wedding is still on. Breathe. Calm down. You're fine.

I shut my eyes and drift back to sleep.