Chapter 8

He sings so beautifully.

"I'll kiss the tears right off her face,
When I walk her through these gates.
Feel her heart beat next to mine,
Make up for lost time.
And God I'll thank you everyday,
For giving her that ounce of faith
That led her right back here to me
And most of all for savin' Amy.
For savin' Amy.
Thank you God for savin' Amy
For savin' Amy
Thank you God for savin' Amy"

Tears fill my eyes. I haven't listened to that song in years, but hearing it again now, I realize Hunter is my guardian angel. He doesn't have to be an 'official' angel yet -he is very much alive- but does all those things. At this point I don't even care if we've only known each other for a month and a half. He kisses the tears off my face when I have nightmares, or that time at the hospital. I listen to his heart beat and sometimes he'll pull me into a hug and say he can feel mine. He knows I'm so fragile right now and all I have is him and my faith.

He puts his guitar down and takes my hands. "Amy, I want you to know that I want to be with you forever. I thank God every day that I have you and can't imagine my life without you." He brings my hands to his face and kisses them.

"Hunter," I try and face the fact that this tour will eventually end. I don't want it to, but it will. "when this tour ends, which is very soon, I'm going to have to go on tour with someone else. That's my job."

For some reason his eyes light up. "Well guess who's the awesomest boyfriend in the world?"

The boyfriend part kinda takes me by surprise which I guess makes it official. I mean we act like a couple but never really put a name to it. He takes his hands that are still holding mine and points his thumbs toward himself.

A smile sweeps across my face. "What are you talking about Hayes?"

"I talked to your boss, and well I kinda got you a job that's working with this crew, well, permanently."

"WHAT?!" I jump up from my chair and my eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

"You go where we go... and you get paid more." He says shrugging his shoulders like its nothing.

I let go of his hands and hugged him. "Hunter that's amazing that you so much!"

"I have another question."

"Yeah?" I ask with my head in between his shoulders which was now my favorite spot.

"So since we are going to be going to and from Nashville at the same time, I figured you could, um ya know, sell your apartment and move in with me.... maybe if you want to...?"

I sit up and hold his shoulders. I look at him for a few seconds and I can tell he's nervously waiting for a response. I smile "Here's my answer." I slowly lean in and kiss him, my hands tangle in his hair and his touch sends shivers across my body.

After a few seconds he pulls back "So that's a yes right?"

"You're such a dork." I say in a laugh and let our lips melt back together.