Chapter 9

I wake up to Hunter looking so scared and confused, his mouth is moving but I can't hear anything. All I hear is a soft high pitched noise. I start to get my hearing back and see more when I realize I'm screaming, screaming at the top of my lungs. Then it hits me and almost pierces my own ears.

"Amy amy amy amy amy amy calm down!" All his Amy's ran together, he's freaking out which just makes me feel even worse for putting him through this mess. He's petting my head trying to get me to look at him but I can't move. I can't stop screaming even though I know it was happening. He takes my head and puts it on his chest and squeezes me trying to make me quiet.

My body freezes, I can't do anything which freaks me out which makes the situation even worse. I haven't had this bad of dreams since after my Dad went to jail. I would always wake up
in the middle of the night screaming and my mom would have to wake me up, which happened for about 5 more years, until Mom died. Then I was on my own.

He lets go when I finally stop and pushes the hair out of my face. "Hey hey hey calm down I'm here, I'm right here." He takes my hand and puts it on his heart. "Shhhh." He's still petting my head which kinda calms me but I'm still in shock. I'm gasping for air.

"I'm sorry." I hold my head. I'm all sweaty and can't catch my breath. "I'm so sorry. You can go back to sleep now. I'm fine." I lie and lay on my back focusing on the spinning fan above me. Night terrors are the worst thing you can go through, because there is nothing you can do to stop them from happening, and the people around you suffer almost as much as you do.

He has a guilty look on his face then a few seconds later he smiles. "Come with me." He picks me up like a little kid again. I bury my head in between his neck and shoulder. We stops at his bunk and he puts me down. "Well" He waves his hand at his bed "crawl in." He's whispering even though my screaming probably woke all the guys up. I mean if they slept through that I would be impressed.

"Hunter you don't have to-" his lips crash into mine, knowing it's the only way to shut me up. We never brake the kiss. I slide in his bed slowly so that I won't have to stop kissing him, he climbs in after me and I roll on my side facing him. I brake the kiss because I want him to get sleep. "Hunter, you need to sleep. You have a gig tomorrow."

"Okay." He nods putting his forehead on mine.

After a few minutes he doesn't even try to sleep anymore, he just plays with my hair and I look at him. We lay there in silence just looking, studying, even though we can't really see anything.

I roll on my stomach in an attempt to sleep, but since there's no room, I'm on his chest. I can feel it going up and down, his heart beat. Just being here with him is the best feeling. He starts rubbing my back, then he starts making little circles on my arm with his finger. After a minute or two of that he begins humming an unknown tune, but it's beautiful. I just want to lay here forever. I close my eyes and don't open them until the next morning.

~~~

I wake up with my head still on Hunter's chest and his arms around me. He's sound asleep so I kiss his cheek and crawl over him carefully. I tip toe to the front of the bus and grab my stuff off the couch so the guys can sit.

"Sorry guys." I say, trying not to make the situation awkward.

"Hey Amy," Sam walks over to me and all the guys standing looking at me. "we, um, heard you scre..." he shakes his head and looks down for a second. "we heard you and Hunter last night and we just wanted to let you know we are here for you. We want you to feel safe."

A smile slowly forms on my face "Aw guys!" I go and hug each of them saying thank you. I back up so I can talk to all of them "That means a lot guys, thank you." I go to the counter to make coffee as the band disperses, and by that I mean start playing video games.