Chapter 12

I barge into our bedroom, but I stop at the door and see Hunter sitting on the edge of bed facing the other way, crying. I look around and see a bouquet of flowers, the biggest teddy bear I have ever seen, and a huge box of chocolate just laying on the floor. "Hunter." I whimper.

As I walk closer I see him clutching his favorite shirt of mine and he has it pressed against his face. "Why did you leave me, Amy?"

"Hunter," I start to tear up even more "I'm right here."

He whips around so quicklyI'm surprised he didn't break his neck. "AMY!" His eyes meet mine at and I smile, running to him letting out an internal sign of relief. He picks me up squeezing me so hard I can barley breathe and I giggle with tears flowing rapidly out of my eyes. When he finally puts me down I see the puffiness in his face and the redness in his eyes. "I'm so sorry I shouldn't have tried to talk to you-"

"Hunter stop I was being a bitch to you. I don't hate you, at all I don't even know why I said it. I didn't mean it and I just drove around Nashville for 4 freaking hours with Sam looking for you. I'm so sorry." I just squeeze him so tight he can't let go."I love you so much."

"I thought you left me. I didn't think it was you when you came in a few seconds ago. I thought it was all just in my head." He whispers.

"This isn't your head. I'm right here, and I'm never leaving." I start crying harder as he calms down. "I needed you. I need you so bad and I felt so lost without you and I need you."

"Hey, I'm right here, right where you need me." We just stand there for a minute hugging each other. "Look, I didn't answer because I was afraid if I would answer, you would say you were leaving me."

I look up at him still hugging him. "Why did you leave for that long while I slept?"

"I didn't."

He smiles at the puzzled look on my face "I heard you leave after I left and then you weren't here when I woke up."

"I went out because that's what I thought you wanted. I came back in, like 10 minutes later and you were asleep. I laid next to you and just watched you sleep for a long time. I guess you woke up after I left for the store." He brakes the hug and picks up the flowers, the bear, and chocolate. "I got you a bear so you could have something to comfort you."

I take the bear, look down at it, pet it's soft fur, then I look back up at him. I put the bear on the bed and take the flowers and chocolate out of his hand and set them next to it. My arms fall around his waist, pulling him towards me and I hug him tighter than last time. "A teddy bear can't do your job, ever."

"Are you serious?" He laughs "Its better than me!"

"A teddy bear isn't warm and I can't feel it moving when I lay on its chest, because it doesn't breathe. I can't listen to it's heartbeat, it can't rub my back, it can't sing me any song I want with your voice,"

"Okay, true, but I still suck at it."

I just look at his eyes shake my head, he's so clueless. "I can squeeze it, but it wont squeeze back. I can't race it or have late night car drives with it," he gently places his forehead on mine as I continue. "I can't kiss it -without being judged-," he smiles. We almost start swaying. "I can't share my food with it, it can't pick me up, it can't make my heart flutter like you do," I go on for a while longer until I can't think of anymore. "And finally, that teddy bear," I nod towards the bear. He looks at it for a second, looks back at me a raises his eyebrow. I smile almost laughing even though I'm trying to be serious. "That bear can't tell me everything is going to be okay, when my world is falling apart."

"Amy," he starts shaking his head.

"No. 'Amy' nothing. Its true and you can't understand the pain I went through in the past 4 hours trying to find you. Those were the worst 4 hours of my life."