Chapter 21: Like A Date?

Forgive me for not updating for like, what 2 weeks? Exams got in the way. :) Hopefully, this update would make it up. Enjoy!

------

T H I R D  P E R S O N

"El? Why? What about her?"

"Really, Mich?"

"I don't understand. There's nothing. I mean, we don't have a thing, we --"

"You don't?"

"Of course, we don't. What makes you think that?"

"Eh kasi, you two are always together. Parang siya na nga yung bestfriend mo. You always call her, text her, be with her. Kahit nga pagbili ng ice cream in the middle of the night, siya na kasama mo. Kahit sa pagpunta mo sa Booksale to buy books, siya na --"

"Wait, i smell some jealousy. Are you?"

"What. NO!"

"Oh, okay, then bye."

"Mich, ano ba naman! Nakuhang mo pang mag joke? Ano ka ba? Nakakainis."

As she's about to walk-out..

"Hey, hey."

"Ano ba Mich.. Di mo ba maramdaman? Ano ba."

"Okay, first of all..I am not into El, okay? She's only a friend who came back from States --"

"I know the details --"

"Oh, no you don't. Please let me do the talking first here, babe."

"Okay, Attorney."

"She's a friend who came back from States to pursue her lost love. And hindi ako yun. Duh, she loves my sis, not me. Im only helping her to win my sis back, not the other way around or whatever you're thinking. Not that. Ew."

"What about that date?"

"Date? What date?"

"In the dorm? In the library?"

"What, date in the dorm? Dorm.. Oh, yung sinabi ni Kim? Eh, silang dalawa lang naman may date nun eh. Chaperone lang ako. And sa library, nagpapatulong lang ulit yun. Okay na kay El?"

"Okay."

"And secondly, I love you, okay? Not the common i love you's were saying almost everyday but the i love you. Like, i love you, not as my bestfriend, not as my teammate, not as my setter, but as Julia Melissa Morado."

"I ---"

"I don't know how, when, where i actually started falling for you, i just know how and that is because i love you. I love your smile, your eyes , your old Levi's --"

"E, kanta naman yan eh --"

"Just shhh! Im confessing my love here for you. Shh. Okay?"

Jia nods.

"As i was saying, i love everything about you. And you're maybe asking why i didn't tell you? Well, im not ready for the consequences. Im not ready to face the reality because there are times that i get so scared. Im thinking, what if ayaw mo? What if you don't wanna cross that rainbow line? Because there's always this part of me thinking, Julia Morado wouldn't cross the rainbow line even if its zombie apocalpyse already or like, end of the world. Knowing you --"

"Hoy Morente!"

"Diba sabi ko shhh. Jia naman eh! Im scared thinking, that if i told you i love you and you don't feel the same, our friendship would be over. But then, there in the library, i realized, kahit anong gawin ko, it'll goes down to same results, its either i'll lose you or i'll lose you. So, its now or never. I love you, can you give me the chance to show it to you how much?"

Jia's just staring at Mich.

"Hey Ji, we're already in the part that you're supposed to say something right? Kinakabahan na ako, so please. Say something"

"Oh, so i can talk now."

"Haha, yes babe, you can now."

"Well, i don't --"

"Y-you don't?"

"I thought we're in the part na im supposed to do the talking here? Patapusin mo muna ako, please."

"Oh. Okay."

"Well, i don't know what to say. I-Ive been dying to tell you how much i feel the same way. Akala ko nga, im too late. Kasi nga, nandiyan na si El.

"And you have Bea."

"Bea? Beadel? Oh, come on. She's like my long-lost sis. No more, no less."

"But she can make you smile. That smile na ako lang dati ang pwedeng nakakagawa."

"Hmm..i do smell some jealousy now here?"

"Okay, fine. I am. Feel ko nga, back there in the library, parang sasabog ako."

"That's why you got out."

"Yes.. you thought we had a date? Right? Right?"

"Whatever. But know what, Mich? I, I think.. No. I know im ready to cross the rainbow line. I want to cross the rainbow line. I'd be willingly happy to cross the rainbow line. With you."

"You don't know how happy and relieved i am right now."

"Oh, i know. I bet you're feeling what im feeling right now."

"Sure you do."

Mich slowly kissed Jia, as Jia closed her eyes. She couldn't describe what she was feeling that moment. It felt like everything was surreal and beautiful. She feels very happy. Tumugon siya sa halik ni Mich. It was her first kiss and it felt awesome. She was glad it was Mich, her bestfriend.. No, her better half, who gave her her first kiss.

She loved her. Yes! She was inlove with Michelle. Siguro nga matagal na niyang mahal ito at nagtatago lang sa kaibuturan ng kanyang puso, pero ngayon, finally, she is sure of her feelings. It was her from the very start.

She smiled after they kissed. She don't want to say anything after that. She don't know what to say. Ang alam lang niya, she's the happiest girl that moment.

When Mich saw Jia smiled, she said to herself, "Finally, Michifu."

"So umm.. You hungry?" - Mich

"I could eat a horse now." - Jia

"Haha. So, come on. Eat dinner with me."

"Like a date?"

"Like a date."